Chapter 14: Tangled up mess.

"-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" I screamed out. 

"Wow. You just screamed for half an hour, Kassie." Ron informed. 

"That's strange. It felt like four days to me." Ryan commented. 

"Oh sure. Make a joke about how long it usually takes for timbegs to get these chapters out. That's making me feel better at this point." Harry sarcastically snapped. 

"Well what are we going to do now?" Ryan asked as he was panting around again. "Without Dumbledore, we're dead. This is bad. This is real bad." 

It's not making me feel any better either. The thought of Hagrid being in Azkaban. He didn't belong there. Only criminals like Rakepick... or... actually that's the only one I could really think of. I didn't know any of the other people that were in Azkaban. Which was not a bad thing.

"That settles it. We're on our own now." Ron announced sadly. 

I looked at Fang all sad. "I'm scared, Fang." I said crashing on the couch. 

Harry looked at the window. "We're not giving up on this. There's only one way we're going to get things back to normal. And that's find this monster and kill it." He declared. "We can do this. We're Gryffindors." 

Harry was right. We had to do something. Or all of Hogwarts was going to fall. 

"But Harry... we're just kids." Ron pointed out. 

"So were Ethan and his friends when they went after the Cursed Vaults. But if we don't stop this monster. Hogwarts will end." I countered. 

Reluctantly, Ron agreed. "So where do we go now?" He asked. "It's not like we can ask Tom Riddle in the Diary." 

"That was a hoax, anyway." Ryan grit. "It said that Hagrid was the one who opened the chamber. But it wasn't. We can't trust anything he says." 

I agreed. And we had to stop this monster and the Heir before someone loses their life. Not only for Hogwarts, but for Hagrid, Hermione, Justin, and Colin Creevey. And also Mrs. Norris, I guess.

That was when I noticed a whole row of spiders on the window sill. They were all in a single file as they exited the window. Just like what happened on that night when the Monster... first attacked. And that's when it hit me. I saw it in my visons. The Forbidden Forest. We had to go there. And Hagrid's words. Follow the Spiders. There was only one way forward. "You boys up for a walk in the woods?" I asked. 

And that's how we found ourselves walking through the Forbidden Forest. With only our wands for light, and Fang by our side. As we followed the Spiders. 

"3 Wizards and 1 Witch alone. Betrayed by the home they love. Now its only defense in the final showdown." Ryan narrated.

"What are you doing?" Ron asked.

"Setting the mood. I thought it would make us sound cooler." Ryan answered. 

Ron seemed to be freaked out about everything though. "Spiders. Of course its Spiders."  

The trees were getting thicker the further we went in. And the Stars were no longer visible. And the Spiders were leaving the path now. 

I started to follow the Spiders. But Harry held me back. "Hold up, Kassie. We shouldn't leave the Path. Hagrid told me not to leave it." He warned. 

"B-But he said to follow the spiders." I reminded. 

"What do you think, Ron?" Harry asked. 

"We've come this far." Ron answered.