Chapter 16: The Chamber of Secrets.

I don't believe I've ever had a worst day at Hogwarts then the one I had just had after we headed over and back to our Dormitories. I was sitting in the Common Room with Harry, Ron, Fred, and George in one corner. Percy wasn't there. He had sent an Owl to their parents. Another thing I remember about that afternoon... was how quiet it was. Everyone was sent back to their Common Rooms and tomorrow, everyone would be on the Train back home. We all knew was what about to happen. People probably were thinking a bunch of things but no one said a word. 

Around sunset. Fred and George unable to take it anymore went to bed. Not able to sit there. 

"She knew something, guys." Ron said to us. It had been the first time he spoke since we left the Staff Room. "That's why she was taken. It wasn't some stupid thing about Percy at all. She'd found out something about the Chamber of Secrets. That must be why she was..." Ron rubbed his eyes frantically. "She's a pureblood. There can't be any other reason." 

I looked out the window. It seemed everyone had just... given up. I took a look at my old Spiderman Comic. When the city had given up, Peter Parker didn't. He would never give up. I was surprised to see the Professors were. But not those Heroes. They would rise up. They would stand their ground and fight. They would never give up. I take a look at the image of Spiderman. He would never give up to fight the Basilisk if he was a student here. Just as he didn't give up when he fought King Cobra. "I'm not giving up on her." I said. 

Harry and Ron looked at me. "What?" Harry asked. 

"We're not going to let the Heir win and shut down Hogwarts. It doesn't end like this." I told them. "Harry, Ron. We're going to find that Basilisk. And we're going to kill it." 

Ron and Harry looked at me. And I could tell that Ryan was in the corner listening in as a result. "By ourselves. Against a Basilisk? It's suicide." Harry said. 

I think Harry's words brought out the Gryffindor inside of me. "Well, fine. Be that way. But I'm not going to leave Ginny up to her fate. The reason why her skeleton will be lying in the Chamber forever is because no one is willing to do something about it. Until now." I start to leave for the Portrait entrance. 

"Where are you going?" Ron asked. 

"I'm going to kill that Basilisk." I answered. "If you're not going to help me and just stand there. That's on you. But I'm going to do something. It's what they would do." I pointed to my Super Hero Comics. 

"Kassie. Wait." Harry stopped me. "I'm going down there, too." My words must've spoken to him. "I mean... you had the vision in your head right?" He asked me. 

"Of you killing the Basilisk? Yes." I answered. 

"Do, I win?" Harry asked. 

"It looked like it." I answered. "I mean, you stabbed the sword through its head." 

"Then... we've got a good shot." Harry replied. 

"I'll come too. Ginny is my sister." Ron agreed. 

"I'm with you too." Ryan declared. "But um... what are we going to do about Lockheart? He might try to get into the Chamber himself." He reminded. 

"Oh yeah. That." I said. 

Darkness had creeped over the halls of Hogwarts. "You really think it's a good idea to go to Lockheart?" Ron asked. 

"He might be an idiot. But he's going to try to get into the Chamber." Harry answered as we ran up to Lockheart's office. 

I could hear the sounds of panting, thumps, and hurried footsteps.