Chapter 12: Riddle of the Diary.

Kassandra (P.O.V)

I returned to Hogwarts in better spirits then when I left. And Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ryan told me everything. Malfoy wasn't the Heir. So it left us wondering who it was. Not that it matters since everyone seemed to think that Harry was still the heir. I was kind of betting that it would be Draco Malfoy. Hermione was in the Hospital Wing for several weeks after her Polyjuice Potion went horribly wrong.  

"I should've been here. I could've helped." I said guiltily.

"It's not your fault, Kassie." Hermione assured. "I've got myself to blame for the mess I'm in." She giggled. "Hairballs are not fun to get." 

We visited Hermione every evening, and we brought her the homework that she missed out on. She was even still willing to help me with my Homework. Which I was grateful for. Still am. 

"The irony of this is not lost on me." I commented. She helps me. Now I'm helping her.

"If I spotted whiskers, I'd take a break from work." Ron said as he placed a stack of books on Hermione's table. 

"My Mom would've just told me to suck it up and get to work." Ryan chimed in.

"I've got to keep up." Hermione replied. She didn't look like a Cat anymore. Which was good. 

"Oh, guys. Something else happened. My Brother, Ethan. He proposed to Penny." I announced.

They guys all looked at me. "Congratulations. That's wonderful!" Hermione said to me.

"And she's also asked me to be one of her Bridesmaids." I added.

"Good for you, Kassie." Ron said giving me a smile. "Listen. I'm sorry for what Percy said to you."

"Who cares? He's a jerk." I was over that now. I didn't need to listen to what Percy says about me. I know I'm a Bauer.

"Do we still have any other leads?" Hermione asked. 

"I might have one." I answered. "It could be that Snake I saw in my Head. Ethan told me not to make assumptions and it certainly isn't a Falak. Though Ethan did say that it could be a Basilisk."  

"A what?" Harry asked. 

"A Basilisk. Giant Venomous Snakes." Ryan answered. "That's all I've got on them though. I don't know much about them myself. Only that it's a big snake." He stuttered again. 

"That might be possible." Hermione thought out loud. "But I don't exactly know what a Basilisk itself does. I'll have to do more research about it." 

"Other then that. We've got nothing." Harry admitted. 

"I was so sure it was Malfoy." Ron commented, for the... Does anyone know how many times he's said that? I've lost track.

Anyway. I noticed something shiny sticking out of Hermione's pillow. "Hermione? What's that?" I asked.

"Just a get well card." Hermione answered trying to get the card out of sight.

"Well of course it is." Ron grabbed the card from under Hermione. He opened it and read it aloud.

"To Miss. Granger, wishing you a speedy recovery, from your Concerned Teacher, Professor Gilderoy Lockheart, Order of Merlin Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defense League and five time-" 

"Ron. We get the idea." I interrupted. "Please stop." 

Ron had an absolutely disgusted look on his face. "You sleep with this under your pillow?" He asked.

Hermione didn't answer that one. She was spared by Madam Pomfrey, who gave Hermione her medicine.