Chapter 6: Mudbloods and Paranoia.

You had to love the sound of the weekend. No need to worry about classes. Just relax and sleep. That's all there was to it. The only problem was, life was not kind. Apollo was barely up when I got woken from my sleep with someone shaking me to no extent. 

"Kassandra! Wake up!" I heard. 

"Huh?" I turned to see Angelina Johnson standing next to my bed. 

"Oh, wait. Hold on." Angelina then grabbed the bed and flipped me over. 

"Wah!" I was up now. "What in the name of Hades?" 

"We gotta get up. Wood's called Practice." Angelina answered. 

I gave a confused look. Wood's never called a meeting this early last year.  "Huh? Already? Wow. When Wood told Ryan first thing in the morning, he wasn't kidding."

"Yeah. He's pretty determined about us winning the Quidditch cup this year. After the whole incident that happened with Harry last year." Angelina explained. "Now come on, get changed." 

I was up now. "Alright. Alright. I'm coming." I said getting into my Quidditch Robes and grabbing my broom. 

I love that Nimbus 2000. I also got out of the Common Room to see Wood waiting for me outside. 

"Wood? You called a meeting at dawn?" I asked him. 

"Sure did. Now come on. Get going." He answered.

"Oh, wait hold on." I quickly went back up to my Dorm and wrote a note on Hermione's face. "Went to Quidditch. Sorry. Kassie." I wrote it and stuck it on her face. 

Ryan seemed to be the only one fully awake besides Wood. He must've been so excited. But he was the only one to do so. Fred and George were exhausted and Katie was still trying to sleep. 

Not long after, Harry came in. He looked tired like the rest of us. "There you are, Harry." Wood commented. 

Harry groaned. 

Wood sighed. "Don't worry, I got your wake up juice right here." He pulled Ryan away and got a bucket. And then he proceeded to throw it on us. "WAKE UP!" 

The Water felt icy cold. It did wake everyone up though. 

"Ice Water. Never fails." Wood smirked. "Now listen up. I spent the entire summer devising a whole new training program. It's going to make all the difference. And we've got a new player on the team. Everyone, meet Ryan Tyler. One of our new Beaters." He introduced as we all clapped for Ryan while Wood held up a large diagram of a Quidditch field with a bunch of lines, arrows and crosses on it. He then explained it all. I'll spare you the details of every single meticulous thing he said. 

"That's an awful lot." I commented.

"Yes it is." Wood replied. "Any questions?" 

"I've got a question, Oliver?" George asked. "Did you have to use a bucket of Ice Water on us? Or better yet. Explain all of this yesterday when we were you know... AWAKE?!"

"Well you're awake now." Wood shot back. "And it was either the Ice Bucket or the Snakes on your head." 

"Point taken." George replied. 

"We should've won the Quidditch cup last year. But we didn't. Thanks to events out of our control, that we don't need to mention. We're the best team at Hogwarts, easily."

"So, we're going to train harder, faster and better than ever before..." Wood announced. "Now get your brooms." 

I grip my broom. But that was when I noticed Ryan and Wood talking. "Now, Ryan. Seeing as you don't have your own Broom. I figured you could make due with one of these." He took a broom from out of the closet. "A Comet 260. It used to belong to Skye Parkin. But after she... died. Well, we kept it in this closet. But I think Skye would've wanted this broom to be played once again on the Pitch instead of collecting dust." Wood explained to Ryan.