Chapter 8: Salazar's Chamber.

"Hi Mater. Um... things have gotten even more hectic then before. Which I didn't think was even possible. Now Mrs. Norris has been petrified and no one knows why. Not even Dumbledore. And on top of that. Harry's hearing things. He thinks something's coming to kill us all. I wish I knew what was happening exactly, and that I could tell you. But I'm not sure myself. And... I saw Duncan Ashe at Nicholas's Death Day Party. He said that if I wasn't careful. One of my friends would die. Just like when Jacob lost Duncan. Or Ethan when he lost Rowan. I don't want to lose anyone. I'm kind of terrified to be truthful. But more than that. Lately there's been a message that was written in blood. It said that Enemies of the Heir should beware and that the Chamber of Secrets has been opened. I don't know what it means. But I think Hogwarts is under threat once again. Love you. Hopefully, I'll see you at Christmas.

I wrote that letter to Athena that night after we went up to the Tower and before I went to bed. 

For the next few days, everyone's mind is on the attack on Mrs. Norris. Filch was sulking around the corridors with his scary red eyes. And lunging out at students and putting them in detention for "breathing loudly" and "looking happy." 

I was walking outside to the Common Room of the Tower. And I could see Ginny so upset. "Ginny?" I asked. 

Ginny was in tears on the steps. "She's a big Cat Lover." Ron informed. But he turned to Ginny. "You haven't really gotten to know Mrs. Norris. Honestly, we're better off without her." He said. 

Ginny's lips trembled. And Ron continued being his big brother self. "Stuff like this doesn't happen often at Hogwarts." 

"We're going to find the maniac who did this Ginny. And we'll bring said Maniac down." I assured her. 

Ginny still didn't say anything. But sat there. 

Ron sighed when he went up to me. "Honestly, she hasn't been like that since... Ben Copper died. She'd been shellshocked for about a week. That painful death..." 

I didn't want to talk about death anymore. I left. 

And Hermione was also being effected by the Attack. It seemed that Hermione was doing nothing but spending all her time reading. I could hear her trying to go through a lot of notes as we slept. "There's got to be something in here." She would mutter.

And to make matters worse, we had to deal with History of Magic next. Professor Binns had asked for a three feet long essay on The Medieval Assembly on European Wizards. I was in the Library trying to write it out. What made it worse was that when Binns said I had to stick with facts and records. Not legends. And... he also said that a lot of my papers that I wrote were based off legends. I'll have him know that these are not legends, these are real. He's so boring.

"Um... Hermione... yeah. I've only got my 3 foot parchment of paper. Can you take a look at it to make sure I'm doing it right?" I asked in the library. Which made the Librarian, Madam Pince shush me. Ethan warned me that Madam Pince could hear a Church Mouse fart and call it noise. 

"You've got to be kidding me." Hermione groaned as she emerged from the book cases.

"Sorry. I can come back later." I said. 

"Not you, Kassie. I've been trying to look for the History of Hogwarts, but they're all taken out. And there's a two week waiting list." She complained. "Now I wish I hadn't left my copy at home. I couldn't fit it under my trunk with all the Lockheart books." 

Thanks a lot, Lockheart.

"Why do you want it?" Harry asked from behind me. 

I jumped when he said that.