15 Arnav's Question

Part 15 Arnav's Question

Arnav became calm, seeing Khushi. Anjali smiled. Arnav took his mobile from her.

"Thanks," Arnav said.

"Di, shall I help Amma in the kitchen?" Khushi asked glancing at Arnav.

"Chotte, she is asking for your permission," Anjali said controlling her laughter.

Arnav looked at Khushi and nodded yes smiling. Khushi went feeling relieved.

"Didn't I say she is scared? See, how she hesitated to leave your room without your permission..." Anjali said laughingly.

"She should have understood the reality..." Arnav said with pride.

"What do you mean by reality?" she asked sarcastically.

"I'm her protector... I'm going to safeguard her for her whole life"

"Do you think it is even possible?"

"Isn't it?" he asked immediately.

"You can't do that..."

"Why?"

"She will get married to someone in somedays..."

Arnav was shocked to hear that. He turned his gaze to somewhere.

"Your responsibility will end when she gets married. Protecting her will become her husband's responsibility after her marriage. How could you be her protector after her marriage? Even her husband won't like your interference in their matter..."

"Who the hell is her husband to stop me? I gave words to her father"

"Who are you to her, Chotte? Are you her brother? or a Relative? or a Friend? By which means will you protect her? of course, you gave your words but it will get over when you hand over her responsibility to someone called her husband. That's what marriage..."

Arnav became thoughtful. Anjali was not wrong.

"What are you thinking, my little brother?"

Arnav nodded NO.

"This is our society setup, Chotte. A girl's life depends on her husband. So, find a good guy to get married to Khushi. Then you will be free. She will be her husband's responsibility then"

When Anjali extended her hand to feed him the next morsel, Arnav stood up.

"Arrey, don't leave the food... finish eating and go"

"It's enough, Di"

"Are you going to search for a groom for Khushi right away?" she teased.

Arnav glared at her.

"I'm not Khushi to get scared of your BLUNT glare my dear little brother. I know your glare won't harm me" she stood up with the plate smilingly.

Anjali walked towards the door. She stopped hearing,

"Di..."

Anjali turned around and raised her brows.

"I would like to keep my words till my last breath as I promised. What should I do to protect her for her whole life?"

Anjali didn't even take a second to answer.

"Marry her... simple"

She left the room smiling brightly. Arnav stood, gazing at her retreating figure. We can't say what was running in his mind.

In the meanwhile,

Rajeev was driving a car glancing at Simran who was furious. He never faced such humiliation in his life, that too in front of his daughter. According to her, he was her hero but Arnav made him ZERO today. Rajeev almost lost his hope of getting him as his son-in-law. How wrathful he was... it seemed there was no chance for him to mend things between him and Arnav. Arnav was thinking, Rajeev ruined Anjali's life. Arnav was not wrong though. Rajeev wanted to keep not only Arvind in his control but also Raizadas. That's why he brought Dheeraj's alliance to Anjali. Dheeraj was none other than Rajeev's brother's son. He thought he can get the whole Raizada clan into his control through Anjali. But everything went in vain. Simran could not hold thinking about the flashback.