17 She is not a widow

Part 17 (Long update)

Ratna and Anjali stopped laughing, hearing,

"Why Arnavji is not talking to you, Amma?" from Khushi.

That made them stuck.

"If you don't feel comfortable..."

Cutting her,

"There is nothing called discomfort in my life after Chotte stopped talking to me and after Anjali lost her life..." Ratna said painfully.

Anjali gulped down.

"It happened ten years ago. It was our wedding anniversary day. Arvind didn't come home the previous night. I wanted to go to the temple with him on our wedding day. He came only early in the morning in a drunken state. His friend Rajeev brought him home. He said they had a party. I was too upset with Arvind. He did not wake up till the afternoon on our wedding day. When he woke up, I didn't talk to him. it touched his ego"

Khushi widened her eyes.

"Yes, Khushi, Dad was so egotistical that time. He dominated Mom a lot, joining hands with Rajeev uncle." Anjali said.

Khushi looked at Ratna and she nodded yes.

"He said, his friend Rajeev is more important to him than me. I felt hurt hearing such words from him as it was our wedding day. He made me feel useless. I was so furious with Arvind. That's when I got a call from Arnav's school principal. Arnav was studying in the twelfth standard at that time. The principal asked me to come to the school immediately. When I went, he said Arnav gave a love letter to his daughter who was studying in the same class with Arnav."

Khushi looked at Anjali parting her lips.

"But, it was not Chotte. It was some other Arnav who studied in the Science group. As I was already stressed, I lost my thinking ability. I didn't think another Arnav could be there in his school. My anger was raised when the principal criticized my upbringing. I slapped Chotte, losing my patience" Ratna cried closing her face with her palms.

Khushi looked at her shockingly.

"Did you slap Arnavji?" she asked painfully.

Ratna nodded yes.

"I was so stupid who had been dominated emotionally."

"The miserable thing is, Chotte was the one who asked the principal to call Mom," Anjali said hideously.

Khushi raised her brows.

"Chotte was so confident about mom that she will stand for him because he thought Mom understood him well than anyone but Mom disappointed him by slapping him, in front of everyone. That was the first day, we saw Chotte with teary eyes."

"Could not he prove his innocence?" Khushi asked miserably.

"The truth came out the same day itself. Students caught the real Arnav red-handed who wrote the letter and brought him to the principal. After coming from the school, Chotte locked himself in his room and refused to open the door no matter how hard Mom tried. He didn't give heed to her pleads. He stopped talking to her because he felt it was not just disappointment but a betrayal. He TRUSTED mom more than he LOVED her. he could not tolerate when she didn't trust him. He went to London for higher studies and stayed until he completed his master's. He wanted to establish our business in London because he had no idea to come back to India. That's when my wedding got fixed. He came to India to attend my marriage..."

Anjali told her wedding scenario and also about Arnav's outburst.

Khushi felt bad. These people were so good, love each other, and wanted to be with one another. Yet, the situation was against them. She didn't know how to mend things between Arnav and Ratna but she wanted to do that. And adding to it, Anjali's wedding scenario didn't make sense to Khushi. She was lost in deep thought.