61.

While watching the Television, Preeta re-considered Arjun's suggestion. A week ago, he had told her about his interview at a famous firm he had applied for a job in. Talking about jobs and ambitions had led to her mood falling since it had been a while, she had studied or done something academic.

She hadn't thought about her career because of the sudden marriage. In these months, she had taken time to tutoring Kritika and also have been discussing about her further education with her father-in-law who was more than ready to give her the permission for pursuing her post graduation.

Sometimes, reasons like these make her feel so angry at Karan. Because of his insecurities and stubbornness, she had stopped focusing on her career. She wished that things would have been different.

Karan could have been a decent man. If he had approached her politely instead of being so scary and forceful, maybe she would have started liking him earlier. She remembered how he had apologised for beating Arjun that day. But that time, she had been too innocent to even get the concept of liking someone and changing things for them. She didn't care a bit about how Karan was changing himself for her.

She wasn't at fault.

She just wished of things would have been different. Because of this marriage and so many incidents between her and Karan had led to this wide gap between her and her career. She wanted to become a professor. But she had lot more to do to achieve that.

What if she wouldn't have been married right now? She would have been sitting in her class, studying the subjects of her post graduation course. She would have been away from all the extra errands, all extra responsibilities as a wife, a daughter-in-law, a sister-in-law.

But she couldn't deny that she had accepted how her life had taken this sudden turn. She was enjoying this journey and had come up to love it step by step. Her in-laws liked her, they had accepted her as a part of their family and nothing mattered more than this to her.

She was somehow thankful to Karan for giving her such a new world. She couldn't wait to see, what more would come in further years.

She was counting on it.

But Arjun's suggestion of continuing her studies had awakened the determined person in her. She had decided that she would talk about it with Karan. Earlier, she had talked about him for doing a job but he had denied saying she needed to continue her education. But between all these chaos because of Kritika and Malhotra's, they both had forgotten about it. She would simply remind him.

She nodded to herself and switch off the Television. She got up and was about to get out of the room, since it was time for the evening tea for her father-in-law. But before she could walk ahead, her phone rang.

She looked at the wall clock and noticed, it was just five in the evening. Karan had called her just an hour ago. Who could it be?

Walking towards the bed, she picked the phone and saw Kritika's photo on the screen. Not wasting another second, she picked the call.

"Kritika," she smiled.

"Hello. Bhabhi?" Preeta frowned at her shaky voice. She gulped worriedly.

"Kritika? What happened? You sound hoarse. Are you crying?"

A sound of wind blowing came from the speaker and Preeta waited for Kritika to speak. But the sound became loud and she felt as if Kritika was running. She could hear her panting.

"Bhabhi? I am standing at a corner in this ground, near bus stand. You need to come to receive me. There are these guys drinking and staring at me. I am scared..."