14.

3 months later__

Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months but Preeta didn't get any sign of Karan's acknowledgment that she had talked to Arjun. For first week, she was completely uncertain and scared. Any moment Karan would appear and confront her about that call, the thought used to make her shudder. But slowly, as the time passed, she finally came up to a conclusion.

May be he was just scaring me. Can't believe, I got scared of his empty threats.

A little part of her was still scared that Karan might knew. But her friends including Shreya in Chandigarh and Raamya, Raashi in Delhi were helping her in getting over the fact that Karan could harm her if she would talk to Arjun. But that didn't encouraged her enough to have proper link with Arjun.

There was another obvious reason behind it though. Raamya and Raashi were surprised when Preeta told them about Arjun's new girlfriend. But they covered it up by distracting her. Both the girls were trying to lighten up her mind by involving her more in their day outings and friend circles. Kritika too had called her many times asking for colleges and stuff in Chandigarh. Both even met again when Preeta had returned to Chandigarh for Diwali.

One of Raamya's close friend Prithvi Malhotra, was interested in Preeta which didn't get unnoticed by Raamya herself. She got this idea to distract her from that terror named as Karan. Preeta didn't really know about Prithvi's liking towards her as she was still trying her best to be distant to boys either classmates or friends of friends.

When Raamya was finally requested by Prithvi to make an effort in acknowledging Preeta about his liking towards her, Raamya finally decided to talk.

"Preeta, at least rewind all the times in these two and a half years. I have seen how Prithvi behaves when he sees you. He completely gets distracted and focuses on you, only. Where you are heading to in the campus? To which girl or boy you are talking to? His eyes never leaves you."

Preeta sighed and put her sandwich on the plate. It was a free period and girls were sitting in the cafeteria listening to Raamya's ranting about Prithvi.

"Raamya, please don't talk about him. I am already very effected by Karan and then Arjun too. I can't even think about any other boy even if he is not spying up on me."

Raamya huffed and took a bite of her own burger while Raashi spoke in her behalf.

"C'mon Preeta, have some life. This is not all an issue. He just wants to be friends. He told us he will never force you or make you uncomfortable. You can't just ignore a good boy like him. He is one of the best students in our class, quite popular and handsome too. You may find a great friend in him like Arjun."

Preeta shook her head and spoke while gulping the orange juice she had sipped up from the glass.

"Its not that he is not good. Its just I don't want to. You guys already know, I am not good in socializing."

"You are."

Raamya scoffed making Preeta glare at her.

"C'mon. You have came to my home many times. You mix up perfectly with my family even my teen brother. What's up with the boys of our age? God, You should have taken admission in a Girls' college."

Raamya exclaimed while rolling her eyes and leaning forward to rest her head on her palm.

"I would have if I hadn't come Delhi in such a rush. I just wanted to hide anywhere away from him."

Preeta whispered sadly while Raamya and Raashi looked at each other. Sharing a knowing look, Raashi put her hand on hers.

"Relax, don't need to talk about him. We already know what he has done to you. After all, you can't even make a good conversation with a boy without checking time if its might more than a minute."