13

Stoick sailed the seas with a few chosen people. Gobber, his wife Valka, and the youngest Viking group. Including Fishlegs, the twins, Astrid, and Snotlout. Stoick had intended to simply scout the surrounding area, as he had seen few too many dragons than normal. As if they looked at Berk from afar. This was not the doing of the Night Rider, as Valka had already asked him. He easily managed to drown out the bickering of the younger Vikings behind him. He believed Drago was getting closer. He remembered clearly what the madman was capable of. This was the only similarity he and the Night Rider shared, this was the only reason they had their alliance. Stoick grumbled as they looked around, not a single dragon in sight. Not a ship in sight.

"I suppose it is a good sign we aren't finding anything." Gobber said as he approached Stoick's side.

"It's suddenly quiet. I feel like something is wrong somewhere." Stoick replied as he stared longingly in to the sea in front of him.

"It may not involve us." Gobber said before squinting out into the direction Stoick was looking in.

"There's something out there." Stoick said as he could barely see ships in the distance.

"Stoick!" Valka's voice yelled and the chief quickly turned around to see a whole fleet of ships dangerously close to them.

"They're hiding in the fog!" Stoick yelled, "ready your-" just as he spoke a large spear connected to a chain was shot into their ship. More quickly followed before their ships was boarded with Drago's men. There was no time to react, Stoick stood in front of the others as a voice shouted down.

"Bring them up." A man's voice said. They were quickly overpowered and tied up, being urged onto the large ship. Their ship was sunk behind them, leaving them with no escape. Stoick glared daggers as they were sent along, before making their way to the center of the ship. They passed dragons trapped in cages bound down as much as they could possibly be bound. Soon they reached the middle of the ship, nothing but chains and metal could be heard.

"We've brought more men, Drago." One of the men leading the group said, a man covered with a scaled cap stared down at them. His eyes landing first on Stoick.

"Ah, the chief of Berk. Who knew you'd still be alive." Drago said as he smirked down at them.

"You can't kill me as easily as you think." Stoick said back, causing Drago to chuckle.

"Yet here you are, hands bound on my ship." He said as he used his staff to gesture towards them. "Tell you what, if you and your tribe willingly join me, I'll let you live."

"I wouldn't join you in the beginning and I refuse to now." Stoick replied as Drago walked down a few stairs towards them.

"Is it because you lost your heir? I'm sure I can find the dragon who took your child and mount its head on your wall." Drago said, just the mention of it made Stoick's blood boil.

"I don't think so." He said, just as Drago opened his mouth a familiar whistle could be heard. Drago looked up and smiled.

"I take that back. Maybe your heir still lives." Drago said as the Night Fury shot and destroyed one part of the ship behind them. Men began to scramble to their stations. Stoick stared in his direction with the a glare that could kill.

"Don't toy with me." Stoick said in return. Drago laughed at him and waved his hand.

"Then you'll die not knowing the truth." Drago said as a man lifted his sword, ready to bring it down over Stoick's neck. His eyes widened as he saw the sword go down but instead a flying black figure landed on the man, a sword now imbedded into the man's back. The figure looked up at Drago as the Night Fury shot at the men around the group.

"Rider!" Astrid voice could be heard as Stoick stared at the boy. He held himself like one of them, never entirely standing straight. He fought with everything available, including his own hands. Stoick stared at Rider as he quickly until their bindings, released dragons began to help take them away.

"Welcome back." Drago said, Stoick could tell that Rider had to be glaring under his mask as he removed a retractable sword from his leg. The sword caught itself on fire and Rider continued to guard them as dragons took off with them. Soon the Night Fury came and picked both Stoick and Rider up. They flew off without issues, easily dodging the shots fired their way. Stoick felt uncomfortable sitting on the Night Fury's back.

"They'll follow us, so I'll be bringing you back to the sanctuary." Rider said to Stoick as they flew.

"Sanctuary?" Stoick asked, looking at him.

"My home, or nest as you'd call it. I think it's time to end it today." He said as they continued their flight. Stoick could see a large ice structure getting closer. Dragons swarmed the area but didn't bother them.

"He'll be coming here?" Stoick asked, "I suppose it would be smarter to fight him with other dragons."

"I know your.. uncomfortable with dragons but please bear with it for now." Rider said, Stoick looked at him again. How did he know? He had many questions for him but didn't get the chance to ask as they flew into the structure.