Chapter 19

We make it to the house around three and I rush in the house to find my Mia. All the boys are gathered in the backyard, sitting on the back porch, I walk to Jack and hold out my hands for the baby. Her face lights up as she sees me. I kiss her chubby cheeks and snuggle her close.

"Looks like you missed someone today," Nick says with a chuckle.

"Today has been crazy and I haven't got my Mia fix," I say as I give him a look.

"Not starting anything, just messing with my favorite sister," he says sticking out his tongue at me. I do the same before taking a seat.

"Where is Ryan?" Jack asks.

"He is bringing in a few groceries for family dinner tonight. You are grilling steak tonight," I tell Jack.

"Okay, your dad says that you have a big announcement tonight," he says with raised eyebrows.

"Technically I have two announcements," I say, still looking at Mia.

"She is trying to kill us by making us wait," Julian says, and I smile a small smile.

"That my girl, keeping a secret," Ryan says as he walks over and kisses my cheek.

"So you know what it is," Chase asks.

"Of course," he says as I hand him the baby. My heart swells as he cradles her to his big chest. I sigh a little at the sight which causes Ryan to smile at me, reading my mind.

"I love you," he says as he sits next to me.

"I love you too," I say as I kiss him slowly. We both know what we are saying, that while it won't be tomorrow but one day we will have our own family. For now though, I want us to have time to ourselves.

"Aweeee," all the boys sighs. I chuckle and grab a beer as they start gushing over us.

"Looks like she is out," I say, looking down at Mia.

"Let's take her to my room. Then you can look at the progress in Amelia's room," Chase says before grabbing her blanket that fell.

We quickly get her settled and head to her new room. I take in the beautiful lavender walls and the bookcase that is shaped like a castle. Everything looks perfect, it just needs to dry so we can decorate it with everything.

"It is perfect," I whisper.

"Yeah, we did a good job," Chase says proudly.

"Looks like everything is starting to fall into place," I say as I lean my head on his shoulder.

"Yeah, I don't know how to thank you for all your help with this," he says.

"Don't thank me, it's what family does. Besides, you did most of this yourself, I just showed you how first. And I promise, it will get easier. She just needs a good schedule, and she will be able to sleep at night," I tell him as we walk down the stairs.

"I can't wait," he whispers with a chuckle.

I head to the storage closet and get the shirts I got for the boys. I take it with me as I settle on the couch and watch as the guys take care of dinner. It is a good feeling to let someone else take care of dinner. Julian brings me a glass of wine and I wait and watch. Dad and Nonno show up soon after and head in different directions. Dad heads to the grill to help Jack and Nonno comes to sit with me on the couch.