Birthday

YEJIS'S POV

I sighed as I got up remembering the day. It's the same day when my mom asked me to die. In short I'm the unwanted child in my family. I was always sad about past. It's the worst. My family don't need me. All people left me. My mom don't want to see my face, my dad never talked to be after my university because I didn't reach his expectations.

My siblings see me so low. And I'm so worthless that my wife left me. I was a burden to everyone. I first blame them but then I realize its just me who's worthless. I have cried a lot. To the one I shared everything is no longer with me the only thing which is wrong in me is my personality. I cared a lot, I hate myself, there's no reason I could say I'm fine. Every day I recall how each person left me. My mom threw my stuff out of the house asking me to leave. My dad slapped me in front of everyone because I did not score well. And my wife, she left me because I was a mess. I never demanded anything, I was being negative and she found me as a burden in her life.

The night she left me was miserable. I ran bare foot on the road to ask her to stop the car. She signed the divorce papers and threw it on my face. The memories are killing me inside. Every day I die at least a 100 times. There's not a single day where she don't cross my mind. She left me in a place where I'm no longer myself.

I want to kill myself but I'm not brave enough. I thought when no one love me, she would. When everyone abandoned me she would care but I'm just too much to handle according to everyone. There's one memory which wants me to stay stronger and not forget the good part which hardly exist.

FLASHBACK

"Yeji"

"hmm"

I questioned while caressing my wife's hair who is resting her head peacefully on my lap.

"What if you leave me?" she asked and looked directly in my eyes. "What if YOU leave me?" I asked instead. "That would be foolish of me to even imagine. Why will I want to lose a diamond like you?" I chuckled and kissed her forehead and replied. "You are the only one I have Ryujin, What would I be without you?" I felt her hold my hand and sit up straight beside me.

She placed her hand on my cheek. "You are not alone remember that. I promise to be by your side forever  and also you are Shin Yeji now so you are no more weak." I giggled. "Yes, I'm Shin Yeji" I chuckled and fidgeted with my fingers. "Why? don't you want it? I always want you to be Shin unless you don't want it anymore." She looked at me with so much concern and care.

"I will never want us to separate Ryujin, I am grateful than any to have you. I'll stay forever" I smiled and tugged on her T-shirt. To be honest we kept it low key. We wanted to get married because we were really sure about it. We could call each other ours. We hardly kissed twice, not much skin ship, no stepping on boundaries. Not like we wanted it so bad but we adjusted by time. "your mine forever, you're my shin forever" Ryujin spoke with happy tears.