Exhausting

RYUJIN'S POV

I reached home and put my car keys in their place and remove my shoes. I walked upstairs to the bedroom when I did not see anyone downstairs. When I got closer I heard muffled cries. I rush to the door but it's locked, I knock on it rapidly. "Yeji, Yeji open up" I'm waiting outside the door wondering what's happening. Why is she crying? "Leave me alone" she yelled. 

What happened? Why is she crying? She never cries so badly. "Yeji, I'm not moving an inch until you tell me what's wrong" I knock again. "I said leave me alone Ryujin, why can't you understand?" She's sobbing. It breaks my heart to hear her cry. I think she really needs space. 

I walk back down and sit on the couch. I undo my tie and sleeves. I'm so exhausted after such a long day at work. My mind wants to shut down, and sleeping also doesn't give me that peace anymore. It's been like this for a few months. Work is consuming me. 

The pay is high I cannot even just leave and find something better. My stomach groaned interrupting my thoughts. I should probably eat, I go to the kitchen to see what's for dinner and the kitchen is untouched. No one's been here. What happened to you Yeji? 

I just want to sleep, but I'm too hungry for that. I look at what's in the fridge and I don't find anything that can fill my hunger. I only have one option left, which is cereals. I don't want to have them as dinner but I'm too exhausted to cook something for myself. 

.

I eat and go to our bedroom again. "Yeji, please open the door"  The room was silent. I knocked once and then twice. My back hurts badly from sitting in one place for so many hours. And I'm on my period which makes it worse. "I need to get the pad too" The door slowly opens and Yeji looks like she just washed her face after a good cry. 

"What happened baby?" I held her tight and rubbed her back. "I don't want to talk about it."

"But I want you to tell me what's going on. Why were you crying?" I asked. She walked to her side of the bed and puts the blanket on herself. "I told you I don't want to talk about anything" 

I sighed and went to the bathroom, I'm too tired to deal with her right now. I change my pad after using the bathroom and changed into comfortable clothes. "Yeji whatever it is, I'm really tired right now. You should sleep too" 

Marrying her was not my decision, it was my mom's. She's the only child of my mom's friend. My mom said she watched Yeji grow up and she believed Yeji will be the best partner. I was of age, and I wasn't looking for love and Yeji is pretty. I had no reason to deny that proposal. But in Yeji's case, she wasn't interested to get married. 

I fell asleep as soon as my body hit the mattress. I was too tired to think about anything else, I and Yeji usually cuddle but she's not in a mood. 

I wake up just as tired as I was before going to bed. I look at the clock and it's 7. I turn over to see if Yeji is awake and she is because she isn't beside me. I get up and use the washroom be for heading downstairs. I sit at the dining table while Yeji was making something in the kitchen. 

She sat herself down with a plate, containing an egg. "Yeji I'm already late, where's my breakfast?" 

"Feed yourself Ryujin" What?