☣Chapter:11☣

Author's POV

Sofia?

The dust on the gravel road rises up with each new step, the two boys stretches their legs to take. Shreds of glasses, broken parts of various automobiles, ugly smoke coming out of the crashed cars were the only thing they had witnessed till now. Patches of foul smelling blood decorates itself on their cloths, but they didn't cared to notice it. Other than the nasty shrieks of the corpses and the sounds of their shoes caked with mud, no other sounds are reachable to their ears.

No matter how much distance they had covered today, the dark road seems like an endless path drawn out to the point where the sky meets the ground. It was mid afternoon in Amberlite. The sun was hidden behind the curly grey clouds, sometimes spreading it's rays on the dull city. A soft golden ray of the ball of fire falls on the young ravantte's pale skin, brightening up his apple cheek. The weather was a bit humid which adds up to the survivors' displeasure, as beads of sweat glistens on their necks and forehead.

"How much are we gonna walk? You sure, that her home is there?" Jungkook asked, striking the sweat off his forehead that was on a verge of trickling down his eye.

"Of course I do. I've lived here for a while and I still do. How could I not know about my house?" Taehyung replied as in a matter of fact, occasionally glancing over the sun as if he's trying to predict the time. But the clouds were obstructing his vision. Huffing, he looked away and continued to walk until he found himself standing in front of a very familiar trail of small houses.

Jungkook felt shivers running down his spine. The silence here is as same as it was in the colony, where he left his parents. The houses were painted with various colors, flower pots have been kept at the sides of the entrance, and most of the doors were closed. The people probably had hide themselves in order to stay safe from the apocalypse. And here they are, roaming around the island, searching for shelter.

"There! My house!" Jungkook heared the older yelling as he sprinted towards a small green colored house with a shade of asbestos at the top. Following the older, he stood in front of the house and stared at the other who was hesitating to knock at the door. Clicking his tongue, he gripped the doorknob and stayed still, taking out the spare key from his pocket if needed.

"Uh, I'm so nervous." Taehyung groaned rubbing his sweat drenched face with his hand. He was not sure whether Sofia is still in the house, or has gone out to find him. Because she's not someone to sit and do nothing when her child is outside fighting for his life. She loves Taehyung as her own son. Taehyung's thoughts came to an end when he felt a palm against the back of his hand that was still wrapped around the doorknob.

"You want me to do it?" Jungkook asked in a hush tone, not intended to talk loudly and attract zombies. He looked back at their hands, adoring the sight of how good his small hand looks on top of the older's slightly bigger one. What the hell am I thinking?  He shook his thoughts away.

He heared the older hum, and slipped his hand out. Jungkook nodded before gently knocking on the door. Jungkook found the sound the door being knocked and the sounds of the cool wind extremely creepy. He frowned when no one responded from the other side. He knocked again.

No response.

He was about to curse out loud and insert the key in to the lock, but suddenly he heared someone screaming. His eyes darted at that direction, when he saw a women who seemed to be some years younger than his mother, was coming towards them from a distance. And she called out a very familiar name.