I don't fit in

Requested by: catsaresoooawsome

Damian laid down on his bed, sighing. He felt weird. He knew he was different from the other kids, even in Wayne Manor.

Tim Drake had made it clear he wasn't wanted, and Stephanie Brown scoffed as he spoke. He'd barely met Jason Todd, but figured he wasn't wanted by him either. Cassandra Cain didn't reach out to him at all.

Damian was never one to feel uncomfortable or left out, but here he did. He was also picked on at school, students throwing rocks and books at him while calling him slurs he knew better than repeat. He glanced at himself  in the mirror and one word popped into his mind. "Disgusting." He mumbled. He truly saw himself that way.

Damian looked at his dark skin, staring in the mirror, his anger and disgust growing by every second. He was so self conscious. He was about to crack the mirror when Drake knocked on the bathroom door and he swung it open and ran back to his room.

His father had not even bothered to check on him, and if it weren't for Drake and Brown antagonizing him, he'd of felt invisible. Damian couldn't even sleep. He was exhausted, but the self-loathing made it impossible to shut down. It had been three weeks in Wayne Manor, and he'd barely seen his father. His brother and his brother’s girlfriend did nothing but tease him.

And it was getting worse at school. People made fun of his accent as he walked. They threw paper, and pencil, and books or rocks from outside. They made fun of what he said, because he was still learning English and was struggling to speak it. If Colin Wilkes hadn't stepped in, he probably would've fought back.

During Damian's fourth week living in Wayne Manor, he met Dick Grayson. Grayson understood him better than anyone else. He was also an immigrant like Damian, although Damian was under much more pressure. Grayson told him he didn't need to be perfect. It was okay to not be perfect.

"No, it's not! Grayson, Father doesn't even know I exist! If I don't do better, he never will." Damian expected a laugh, or an over-exaggerated eye roll. Instead, he got a hug and he nearly doubled over in shock. "Hm?" Grayson asked. "I'm not used to physical contact. No one does that with me. " Damian muttered.

"Oh, you poor thing. That's sad. Why not?" He replied. "I'm not certain. I usually just get stuff thrown at me though." Grayson's eyes widened at that. "Like what?" He asked. "Books, rocks, pencils, anything they're holding. " Damian explained. "Kids at school."

Grayson shook his head. "Alright. Just know you're not alone. Good night." Then the door was closed.

Dick walked towards Bruce's bedroom and swung open the door. "When was the last time you talked with your own son?!" He asked, trying to keep his cool. "  I don't know, three days ago? Why, what happened?" Dick smacked his forehead. "Your son is being severely bullied at school and has been ever since he got here. That's what's been happening." Dick said.

He got up and left, leaving a stunned Bruce behind in the room he slammed the door of.

Hope you enjoyed! I'm on Summer break, so I'll be able to take more requests now!