friends;

june 18th

june 18th

things in the baseball world hadn't been going as planned recently. on the 16th, furuya was made starting pitcher for their practice game. on the 17th, tanba was struck by pitch in his jaw.

amaya grimaced when she saw that one. she wondered if tanba and the rest would be okay without their ace. she hadn't had too many interactions with tanba.

after that game, all the players were free to do their own training and relax a bit for the upcoming tournament.

she couldn't help but feel anxious about it. everyday she would train, her puddles of sweat proving the work being put in. the growing muscles and defined abdomen. despite her training focusing on her upper body, she couldn't achieve the typical 'v' shape that most men had. her physical talents would prove to be fine.

but, mentally, she was blocked. amaya considered it could be an overwhelming guilt over having to lie to her friends or her growing feelings for someone that would never reciprocate.

"wow, i'm a mess."

she continued to eat her food, pushing past the thoughts that plagued her mind and hoping to move forward. amaya didn't want to worry about that now, hoping their few weeks of relaxation would cause her to release any worries that she held.

"kuramochi! why are you always hanging around, daichi?" sawamura said, demanding an answer from the green-haired boy.

why couldn't they ever just have a normal lunch?

kuramochi was already annoyed with his bickering, "well, for someone like you, it's hard to understand the concept of having friends."

"i have many friends! you look more like boyfriends than anything!" he accused, obviously trying to start trouble with kuramochi.

kuramochi smacked the back of sawamura's head, "stop talking about nonsense!"

"i'm just saying-" kuramochi initiated a head lock to stop him from saying anything more. kuramochi was always able to get him to shut up, some way, somehow.

haruichi witnessing the whole scene, included his opinion politely, "i think they're just friends, eijun."

amaya sighed, "everyday it's something new."

she was glad chris wasn't around for this conversation. that would make her feel way too uncomfortable.

after clearing up the whole mess, amaya's and kuramochi's eyes interlocked. he looked troubled.

actually, troubled wasn't a strong enough word to describe the panicked expression he wore.

"oh shit, does he actually have a crush on me?"

amaya pondered the idea more. it was true that they'd always hang with each other. they have many similar interests and he knows she's girl. kuramochi definitely seemed straight, so it wouldn't be too weird, but couldn't assume every straight boy that was friends with a girl had a crush on one another.