practice match;

april 1st;amaya heard a distant beeping and buzz coming from beside her

april 1st;
amaya heard a distant beeping and buzz coming from beside her. she groans and forces her eyes to open. the culprit of the annoying noise was now directly in her vision. her phone was blaring her stupid alarm because apparently she needed to 'get up for introductions.' deep down inside of her she wanted to say she didn't care, but she knew she had to get up or else her future baseball career would be jeopardized.

she huffed and pushed herself out of her bed. "what am i supposed to wear?" amaya wasn't sure. she started going through he wardrobe of clothes. in the middle of searching it suddenly came to her, "oh wait i have a uniform now!"  amaya smiled and rushed to where her new uniform was placed.

she admired the uniform. this was hers. this was her beginning. she hadn't made it to the first string yet, but she was on her way to. dressing herself in her new uniform, she realized that the uniform was a bit baggier, just like she asked. the bagginess hid her more feminine features which she was grateful. that reminded her that she needed to put on her wig. most would think wearing a wig would be dangerous, but if you had the right type of wig, the right size, and even pinned it to your head, the wig will not fall off.

after checking herself in the mirror, amaya concluded that she looked boyish enough to go out and not be questioned.

amaya bounced out of her room and towards the baseball diamonds where they would be holding introductions. what would she say? she wasn't sure yet. upon leaving her room, she noticed many other boys already leaving their rooms also making their way to the baseball diamonds. "okay just follow them." amaya took after them.

following them, luckily, led her straight to the baseball diamonds. she saw older boys that were all standing in a line, and she saw a bunch of younger boys who were standing in line. "so the first years are doing introductions, but i'm a second year. what do i do?" amaya sighed at the confusing situation. she opted to stand in the first year section since she was new to the school. making her way over to the first year section, she decided to stand next to a small boy with pink hair that covered his eyes.

she debated between whether or not asking the younger boy any questions, but even if she did, what would she ask? it's not like her japanese was any good, so she probably couldn't even have a conversation with him in the first place. she just shut her mouth and focused on what she would say when it was her turn.

the introductions began and they all were formatted the same way, so it made it easier for amaya to figure out what she wanted to say. it seemed they introduced themselves with their name, what school they came from, and what position they wanted to play. that was easy enough for amaya. she made sure she knew how to say those basic things before she came to japan.

and suddenly amaya felt all eyes on her, "my name is daichi jiro," she yelled confidently, "i'm a second year and i transferred from canyon crest academy in america! i play left field. i don't speak much japanese , so please take care of me!" amaya at the end bowed respectfully.