seidou;

(english will be in bold italics!)

march 30th
amaya took a step out of the car that dropped her off at her current location. standing still in front of the grand gates, she felt a calming breeze fly, rushing in the air. it brushed her face and clothes. for the first time, she didn't feel her hair flowing with the wind. it was an odd sensation. her shorts were baggy, reaching down to her knees, they too followed the breeze. her shirt hung loosely on her torso, hiding any shape or curve. the sky was a beautiful blue. it wasn't the bright blue you'd usually expect either. no, it was the pale, soft cool shade of blue that was much more calming than the intense blue of a summer day. the air smelt of flowers. amaya could picture the colors in her head, "yellow and pink..." in this exact moment, this was amaya's very definition of what spring is.

"are you ready? jiro?"a soft, female voice came from beside amaya. the voice knocked her out of her daydreaming, a rare activity for her to be doing.

"yeah, i think i am," amaya responded with a similar volume. there was a pause, time stood still. rei advanced towards the gates that welcomed them in. amaya didn't follow instead she blurted out, "hey ms. takashima?" rei stopped.

"yes?" she turned to look at amaya, unmoving.

"thank you. for everything, i mean." amaya admitted.

rei smirked, "wait till you get on first string. then you can thank me." the choice of words first surprised amaya, but then it made sense to her. in the short time amaya has known rei, she learned rei usually wasn't one to keep quiet and would announce her feelings and thoughts to anyone whether people would like it or not. the thought left amaya with small smile on her face.

amaya quickly adjusted the dark wig on her head before following rei. the pair walked in silence together until they approached the dorms. "i can show you your dorm room and then the baseball fields. introductions start at 5:30 am tomorrow, so make sure you're ready. the coach does not appreciate tardiness." amaya nodded in response to rei. she already had too many things on her mind, so she refrained from giving her an actual response.

they both continued on their path. room numbers zooming past amaya's peripheral's. amaya noticed a change in movement from rei. she slowed her pace to a stop in front of a door, "this is your new dorm room. no roommates, so you get all the privacy you need," rei gestured towards the door, signaling amaya to walk inside. amaya sighed in relief. the bags she carried were giving her a growing, achey feeling in her arms.

amaya reached out towards the door and twisted the knob. the door opened and revealed the inside. the room was very plain. a single twin bed with some sheets on top of it, and a decently sized desk. amaya assumed that's where all her studying would be happening in the near future. the pain in her arms grew almost unbearable, causing her to throw her bags on the bed.