Chapter 1

#war4wp

Chapter 1

Interested

I stare at the woman in front of me with a frown as she stares back at me with the same intensity.

She has pale skin, long black silky hair, sharp upturned eyes, and soft lips. Everything about her looks intimidating but her lips look like the softest feature on her face. The full bangs look like an attempt to make her look humble but it only makes her stand out.

I blink and she blinks too. I smirk and she does too.

"Mishal, sigurado ka ba rito?"

Inalis ko ang pagtingin sa salamin at inilipat ang atensyon kay Hanani na mukhang nag-aalala para sa 'kin.

Binisita ko na muna siya bago ako dumiretso papunta sa kailangan kong puntahan.

It's been a year since Hanani let go of the quiet and intimidating friend of Asiel from Acerra College of Aeronautics.

Pakiramdam ko, nagkukunwari lang siyang maayos kahit na hindi naman. Hanani has always been like this. She doesn't like it when she bothers her friends with her personal life so she pretends to be alright even though she's not.

Her eyes are filled with concern. Her lips are pursed, something she does whenever she's contemplating hard about something.

"It's just a date. Don't worry," I say, picking up my black Chanel flap bag from the sofa.

I look at myself in the full-sized mirror once again. I am wearing a black halter top tucked inside a pair of cream flare trousers. I also have a black coat over it.

"Blind date, Mishal," mariing saad ni Hanani. "Why would you go to one, anyway? You can date whoever you want!"

I shrug. "My mom wants me to go. Gusto niyang pagbigyan ang amiga niya."

Pumayag na ako nang pilitin ni mommy. Wala namang mawawala. I just have to go to the date and tell them I am not up for any relationship. Simple. Wala nang susunod na date.

It's not like my mom wants me to finally date someone. She lets me do things however I want, and not choosing to be in a relationship is one of them.

Ngumuso si Hanani at lumapit sa 'kin. She looks at me in the mirror too and she sighs.

"Why did Tita Ivy agree to this?" Hanani says and she pouts as she looks at me. "What if he turns out to be really bad?"

Napatawa ako.

"Don't worry about me. Kaya ko namang umalis agad kung hindi maganda ang nangyari sa date." Tumaas ang kilay ko. "Do you want to go with me?"

Nanlaki ang mga mata niya. "Ano naman ang gagawin ko ro'n?"

"If you're so worried about me, you can go and spy on us." I shrug. "Or maybe, you want to date him in my place," panunudyo ko at kalagitnaan pa lang ng sinasabi ko, umiiling na si Hanani.

Napangisi ako at tumaas ang kilay.

"No!"

"Bakit? Single ka. You can date again."

I watch Hanani as she avoids my gaze.

Oh, I know, Hanani. You fell in love with that quiet and intimidating boy from Acerra. I know that kind of look on your face.

"Just be careful, okay! What if he turns out to be a pervert!" mangiyak-ngiyak na sabi niya.

"That's why I learned Muay Thai." Kinindatan ko siya. "Don't worry. I can handle this."