The Huntress

I started hunting when my mother was possessed by a demon and subsequently killed by two young men and a man in a trench coat. But to be fair, my mother had been so damaged by the demon that she would not have been able to survive physically. I was 22. That was 3 years ago.

"Come on Ali, harder," Sam told me...again. He had me practicing kick boxing. My black tank was soaked with sweat and my yoga pants stuck to my legs like second skin.

I kicked hard at his hand.

"Better," he said. "Now punch me."

"Just not in his oh so adorable face," Dean said. He was watching the workout standing on the porch of Bobby's house. He took a swig from his bottle of beer.

"You better hope I don't hit you in your face Dean Winchester," I breathed, punching Sam's padded hands. "You'd have no redeeming qualities," I said punching Sam hard. He pulled his hand out of the pad and rubbed it.

"I think I should keep Dean around for inspiration," Sam said looking at me.

I huffed. "Next time I want to kick his ass..." I said pointing to where Dean had been on the porch. Suddenly my arm was twisted behind my back and a strong arm had my neck.

"Take it back Woods," Dean said.

"Not a chance Winchester," I managed as he tightened his grip around my neck.

"Say you're sorry," he chided me like I was a petulant child.

"Fine! I'm sorry," I said.

The minute he loosened his grip, I had him on the ground.

"Ouch," he said matter of factly.

Sam applauded. "I love this girl."

I took Dean's hand and pulled him up.

"Just wait Ali, when you least expect it, BOOM!" Dean promised.

"Bring it on."

"Hey!" I heard and saw Bobby standing on the porch. "Do I need to separate you two? Do you need time outs?"

"He started it," I said just as Dean said "she started it."

"Idjits," Bobby whispered loud enough for us to hear.

We followed Bobby into the house.

"I need a shower," I said.

"Yeah you do," Dean said making a face.

Acting like the adult, I flipped him off.

I ran the water and peeled off my clothes. As I stepped into the shower I knew I would be sore the next day.

Opening the bathroom door, I heard the guys talking.

"...give her a hard time?" Sam was saying.

"Oh come on Sammy, she can take it. It's fun," Dean said.

"Uh hem," I said when I realized they were talking about me,

Bobby spoke first. "Good workout today kid."

I rolled my eyes. He always called me kid and I hated it.

"Well you are to me ok," Bobby said in his defense.

I smiled. "I could never be mad at you Bobby."

"Oh sure," Dean said, "but me you want to snap my head off."

I shrugged. It wasn't like I hated the guy, he was just easy to pick on...and we fought like cats and dogs.

"How about we all go out to eat?" Sam suggested attempting to sway whatever Dean was thinking.