Reunited

Two days later I was standing at the last door of the dingy motel. I knocked and came face to face with Dean. His eyes brightened and a smile spread across his face.

"Ali!" he exclaimed flinging his arms open so I could hug him. I did. He smelled like Dean. I had no idea how much I'd missed that.

I got a huge bear hug from Sam and a hello from Cas. But he did smile.

"Wanna beer?" Dean asked.

"You know it," I said.

He took the top off and handed it to me.

"So what's new?" Sam asked.

"I found out we can't kill Klaus."

"What?" Sam asked.

"Why?" Dean asked.

I took a sip from my bottle and noticed Dean staring at me.

"Sorry I didn't tell you. You guys were so busy. It's just that if you kill an original its entire line dies with it."

"So," Sam said, his elbows on his knees.

"Tyler would die."

"Oh. So what do we do?"

"Aha that I do know. There are daggers that when dipped in white oak ash and stabbed into an original it immobilizes them. They can't reanimate unless the dagger is pulled out. This is why Klaus's siblings don't like him. He daggered them all and carted them around in coffins like luggage."

"Maybe we can get his siblings on board?" Cas asked monotonously.

"We talked about that, but they are a very volatile bunch. Stefan was going to talk to them about it."

Dean spoke next. "So what else is new Al? Any news you care to share?"

At first I didn't know what he was talking about. I shrugged and took a sip of my beer. That's when I saw it. My ring. I had forgotten I was left handed.

"Ah, right, well um, Ric and I..."

"Are engaged," Dean spit out.

"Already?" Sam asked. "Congratulations."

"Yes. Congratulations," Cas said shaking my hand.

Dean threw on his coat. "I need to go out."

"Where are you going?" I asked him.

Without a word he walked out, got into the Impala and drove off.

"What did I do?" I asked.

Sam shrugged. "Beats me," he said but I could tell that he knew something.

"Spit it out Sam Winchester," I said poking his chest.

"Well, Dean really missed you and was looking forward to spending time with you. But now that you're engaged..."

"He thinks I won't spend time with him," I finished. "Well we will clear that up tomorrow because it is Dean and Ali bonding over football and beer day."

When I got back to Ric's, I was pissed.

"Whoa, calm down Ali. He just has to realize that things are changing. " He put his hands on my shoulders. "We're getting married. There is no need for you to hunt anymore unless you want to."

I looked up at him. I hadn't even thought about not hunting.

"So you would be ok if I went off with the guys on a hunt?"