telling the truth

The next 3 months were a certifiable whirlwind. Every moment of my time consisted of cakes and flowers and locations. By two weeks to go I’d finally had it.

“I’m never getting married again,” I said slumping into the chair in Ric’s, well Ric and I’s, apartment.

He kissed me on the head. “That’s the whole idea baby.”

I was exhausted and literally fell into bed,

The following week I was so excited I could barely sit still. Not so much because of the wedding but because I was finally going to see Sam, Dean and Cas again. They were all coming up for the rehearsal and dinner since Sam was giving me away.

That night we were meeting at a bar and Ric insisted on coming which was quite unlike him.

“I just want to be with my baby,” he explained.

The guys were just as surprised to see Ric as I was.

“Where’s Cas?” I asked.

“Angel business. Won’t be back til the wedding,” Dean said.

“Oh,” I said slightly deflated.

“Cheer up,” Dean said. “He’s not much of a talker.”

We all laughed and Ric laughed heartily.

“So what have you guys been up too?” I asked.

“Demons, hell hounds, you name it,” Dean said.

“There was this one case where a girl made a deal with Crowley, not knowing the specifics. Now she’s on the run.” Sam said.

“Honey, I’m sorry I should explain who Crowley is.”

“Oh I already know,” Ric said. “Did some homework.”

“Oh ok,” I said getting confused. Since when did he do homework on lore?

I shrugged it off.

The rest of the night went smoothly. Ric didn’t want sex for which I was grateful. We’d been having sex so much I could barely walk straight.

The next day we had rehearsal.

“Why does it have to be overcast?” Caroline complained.

“Cheer up Care,” I said using her nickname, “it’ll be sunny tomorrow.”

She brightened.

“Why is it the bride has to console the bridesmaid about the weather?” Lesley asked.

She’d gotten better with the help of Sam. I had a feeling that more was going on than either of them let on and so did Dean. They always found a reason to be alone.

When we got inside the boys were already there.

The minister started right away. “Now Ric, where are you?” he said.

Ric raised his hand. 

“You come stand here, and the best man,” Damon raised his hand, “right next to the groom. The groomsmen will line up back there with their bridesmaids.”

Jeremy was paired up with Caroline and Stefan with Elena. I knew it was a controversial choice but they looked good together.

The music started playing pacabels cannon and I immediately got goose bumps. I looked at Dean who looked like the bad boy at the party and giggled.

Sam came up next to me. “You ready?”

“For pretend,” I gave him the thumbs up.

I wore a short white dress with the heels I would be wearing in order to break them in. Sam took my arm and we waked down to Ric.

“Who gives this woman to wed this man?” the minister said.

“I do,” Sam said.

“Now this is the part where I would say everything I can’t say now because you would be married on the spot. You can say ‘Alaric’.”

“Alaric,” I said.

The pastor asked who had the rings, Lesley and Damon gave them to him.

“I would then bless the rings, you can take them back. After the giving of the rings I will pronounce you husband and wife and you kiss.”

So Ric kissed me and most everyone laughed. Dean didn’t seem to find it funny. Ric’s kiss was off but I figured it was just nerves. When I took his hands he was a bundle of them.

We did the march and fake ceremony two more times then left for dinner. We gave our gifts to the attendants, diamond pendants for the girls, money clips for the guys. Then Ric and I exchanged gifts.  I got him a first edition book that he had looked everywhere for. I opened a gorgeous diamond and topaz bracelet that would be perfect with my dress.

“Thank you!” I squealed kissing him. He kissed me hard.

“Uh hem,” Elena said and Ric finally let me go.

That night we spent apart.  I stayed with the girls at the Salvatore’s.  I would have rather stayed with the guys.

“So,” Caroline said sitting on my bed, “while we are all assembled, what is up with Lesley and Sam?”

I swung my eyes to my sister who blushed.

“Oh my God, you and Sam?!”

“What about you and Dean?” she said and covered her mouth.

“Thanks Les.”

“Whoa wait,” Caroline said. “There was a you and Dean? I knew it! When? How was he?”

“If I tell you you have to keep your mouth closed.”

“Cross my heart,” she swore.

I sighed. “Three months ago and it was fucking unbelievable.”

Elena did the math. “You cheated on Ric?”

I nodded embarrassed.

“It’s ok,” Elena said. “It happens. It’s not like you’re in love with him.”

“Exactly,” I lied.