Surprise

I stayed with Ric for a month after my fight with Dean. They went on jobs without me and I got to know more about Ric and his friends.

I found out the Elena was a doppelganger to a woman named Katherine who had turned Damon, Stefan and Caroline. Elena was turned by Damon when she almost died in a car crash and now she was sired to him. She was dating Stefan but now was with Damon, possibly because of the bond. Tyler had the werewolf gene which was activated after a freak accident ended in a girl's death.  No one thought to mention Jeremy, who was also a hunter and was working on finding a cure from vampirism. There was also a lady named Rebekah who was an original helping them find the cure. Then there was Bonnie whom everyone depended on and didn't give an ounce of credit. I personally thought she and Damon would make a good pair, when they weren't butting heads.

One night while lying in bed, I asked Ric about his ring because he never took it off.

"It's a magic ring."

I laughed. "Like a mood ring?" I joked.

"No," he laughed tickling me.

"OK I give!"

He stopped. "This ring protects me from the supernatural. If I'm killed by a vampire, for example, I'll be fine. Jeremy has one too."

"Wow. We could use..." I stopped.

"How long has it been since you heard from them?"

"About a month."

"Maybe it's time."

He was right. I nodded and got my cell. I called all the usual numbers to no avail.

"All right guys, you leave me no choice. Ric get dressed!"

"Where are we going?"

"Nowhere. We are about to have company."

When Ric was dressed I called out "Castiel" who appeared out of nowhere.

"Ali."

"Cas!" I said hugging him, which was always awkward since he stood like a statue.

"How are you?" I asked. "Where are the guys? I tried calling..."

"Everyone's fine. They're in upstate New York looking into what Dean calls "a butt load of possessions."

"So they're ok?"

"Yes but they could use you."

"Maybe I could get up there."

"No." Cas looked thoughtful. "They're almost done. Shall I ask them to come back here?"

"Yes," I said without hesitation. "Could you have them call me?"

"Consider it done," Cas said and disappeared.

Ric looked at me in awe. "Wow, you just call and he's there?"

I shrugged. "If he's available."

I got a phone call the next day.

"Hey Ali."

"Hey Sam! It's so good to hear your voice."

"Cas said you were looking for us."

"I had no idea where you went. I was really worried."

Sam sighed. "We've missed you too. Especially the way you kept Dean's ass in line. He's become unbearable."

"Hey," Dean yelled. "Don't listen to him Ali. I'm the same man I was before."

"A dick," Sam and I said in unison and started laughing.