Happy dagger

Today was the day. The plan was set. Caroline was going to lure Klaus to her house where Lesley would be waiting. Lesley had the dagger in her hand practicing when the doorbell rang.

"Klaus, come in," Caroline said. She led him to the sitting room and poured him a glass of scotch.

"So Caroline, tell me who is here with you?"

She knew Klaus would be able to hear Lesley's heartbeat.

The Winchesters and I were outside listening.

Lesley went into the sitting room.

"Hi," she said shyly. "I'm Lesley."

"Ah yes, Alison's sister. A pleasure to see you again."

I saw Lesley blush.

"What are you two up to?" Klaus asked.

Caroline looked at Lesley. "She was fascinated by you when you met," Caroline said.

"Ah, but you must know, I am all Caroline's."

Lesley nodded. "That's not what fascinated me."

"What would it be then?"

"That you're a hybrid," Lesley said.

Klaus's face fell but he regained his composure.

"I see your sister had been talking about me."

Lesley nodded.

"Don't believe everything you hear," he said.

Lesley went to take a seat next to him and he stood like a gentleman.

In a flash Lesley whipped out the dagger but Klaus was too fast. He pulled it out of her hand.

"Well, well, so much for our little chat. Caroline, did you know about this?" Klaus asked.

Caroline nodded. "You deserve it you sick fuck."

He slapped her hard across the face. He picked up Lesley and sped out of the house.

"Oh my God!" I screamed. "Lesley!"

Dean put his hands on my shoulders. "We will get her back but you have to calm down."

I was anything but calm, but took a few deep breaths for good measure. We went inside to see Caroline getting up.

"Are you ok?" I asked.

She nodded.

"Where's the dagger?" I asked.

She pointed to the floor.

"Do you know where he would take Lesley?" Sam asked obviously trying to stay calm.

"Yes. His mansion."

We all regrouped at the Salvatore's. I was hysterical.

"We have to get her back like now!"

"Ali, baby calm down," Ric said trying to hug me. I brushed him off.

"I will not calm down. In case you hadn't noticed, Klaus has my sister!"

"Al, listen," Dean said calmly placing his hands on my shoulders. "No one will hurt her, I promise."

I nodded my head and broke down crying. Dean pulled me into a hug stroking my back. "Shh, it's gonna be ok."

For some reason his gravelly voice soothed me. He sat down with me next to Sam. Ric looked pissed but I couldn't be bothered, not when my sister was out there with Klaus.

"So," Damon said putting down his drink. "Let's go get her."

"No," Sam said. "If we go in half cocked this could all go very badly. We need a plan."

After an hour we had one.

Knock knock

"Ah Ali, how are you? Where's the dagger," Klaus said after opening the door.

"I'm well and I thought the dagger was with you."

"Don't try to play with me, I don't have it," Klaus said.

"Then I think we both have a problem," I said. "Aren't you going to invite me in?"

This stopped him short. "Have you? Are you?"

"Still human Klaus. But unlike others I usually ask to be invited in out of courtesy."

"Fine fine, please come in Alison."

I walked into an opulent foyer area with white marble and a sweeping staircase.

"Where's my sister?"

"Wouldn't you like a tour?" Klaus asked.

"No I would not; I would like to see my sister."

"Follow me." We walked into a sitting room off the main foyer. Lesley was sitting there but wasn't talking.

"What did you do to her?"

"Just a little compulsion," Klaus said.

"That's where you tell her what to think and do like a puppet right?" I asked.

"Yes."

"That's kind of sad Klaus. You can't even keep someone prisoner without compulsion?"

"Well, I did think about the rack but that's so middle ages."

I swallowed. "So you want the dagger and I want my sister. Seems we're at an impasse."

"Find me that dagger and you can have you sister, compulsion free."

I nodded. "Caroline!" I yelled.

"You rang?" she said.

"Do you have the dagger?"

Klaus was so surprised by her presence that he didn't see me pull it out. I stabbed him in the heart, watching his body go rigid and fall looking decayed.

Lesley took a deep breath. Sam was at her side in an instant.

"You're ok," he said but she started crying and shaking. Sam picked her up bridal style and carried her to the Impala. I sat in the back seat with Lesley's head on my lap.

Caroline had run to Klaus's so as not to make any noise.

"How'd it go?" Dean asked.

"He's down. Caroline and Stefan are dealing with his body," I said.

"What's that?" Dean asked, "Oh I think it's every person is Mystic Falls applauding you. Nice work Al."

I beamed.

Back at the Salvatore's everyone was on edge until we came in with Les.

"How'd you do it?" Ric asked.

"Exactly the way we planned. That guy had it bad for Caroline."

"Yeah, great." She rolled her eyes and we laughed.

"So are you coming with us?" Dean asked me outside the motel.

"I want to, I really do, but I cant. I have a life here now," I said. "I'm so sorry Dean."

He nodded sadly. "If I were just a little sooner, who knows..."

"Dean..."

He held up his hand. "Don't.  I shouldn't have said anything."

He hugged me and kissed my forehead. "If you ever get bored being Mrs. School Teacher, give us a holler."

"Wait, I thought you guys were walking me down the aisle?"

"Sammy is. After what happened, I'm sorry but I cant."

I nodded. Of course he couldn't. He's in love with you.

The notion brought on more tears, so I got into Ric's car, which was now our car, and drove myself home.