𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨

CHAPTER TWO | REEFER RICK'S
"Whose house is this?" Briar watched as Eddie walked up to the front door, pulling a key out of his back pocket before unlocking the door. He moved to the side, letting the girl in first.

"Ladies first. And this, is my friend Ricks house." Briar walked in, looking around to see all sorts of things. Weirdly colored furniture, trash in the kitchen, and bongs on the coffee table.

"Where is he?"

"Uhm, jail." Briar quickly turned to the boy as he shut the door behind himself.

"Jail? So, I'm in a criminals house right now?" Eddie only nodded as he walked over to the kitchen, opening up the fridge to see three bottles of beer and a small container of moldy grapes. "You know where the bathroom is?"

"Down the hall to the left. Wanna beer?" As the girl walked to the restroom, she yelled out a, yes please, the boy taking two of the three bottles out and placing them on the counter. He began to search for the bottle opener, only to realize it was nowhere to be found. Briar walked into the kitchen to see Eddie leaning back against the counter, staring at the two bottles, making her chuckle.

"I don't think staring at them will get them opened." Eddie sighed as he explained that he couldn't find a bottle opened. "Oh, well then, you're in the presence of Hawkins Highs' life of the party." Briar smiled at the boy as she grabbed the first bottle, placing the metal cap in between her teeth before turning the bottle upwards. Eddie watched as the girl placed the opened bottle on the counter, opening the other one before taking a drink of her beer.

"I'm gonna be straight with you, that was hot."

..........

"Bowie. Truth or truth?" Eddie and Briar laid on the living room floor, their heads next to each other, as they looked up at the ceiling. Briar's legs were up on the coffee table while Eddie's were up on the blue sofa.

"That's a tough decision. I'm gonna say truth."

"Ooh, that's brave. Okay, do you believe me?" Briar turned her head to the right to look at the boy, as he looked to his right to look at her, their heads a foot apart.

"Of course, I do. After everything that happened at the mall last year, I'll believe pretty much anything. It's true what they say, the devil lives in Hawkins, amongst other things." Eddie just stared at the girl, taking in all of her features as she softly spoke.

"The thing at the mall, you and your brother and sister were there, right?" Briar looked at the boy, nodding her head as an answer.

"Yeah, and they tell everyone it was a fire. What happened in the mall is the reason I carry around a loaded pistol and an axe. It was one of the worst days of my life. I watched my best friend die in front of me. He was like my second brother, but now, thats Steve. He was there for me when he died, him and Robin." Eddie sighed as he turned his body to face her, placing both hands under his head as she did the same.

"What was his name?"

"Billy. Billy Hargrove."

..........

"It's starting to get dark outside, and if anyone sees us in the house, they'll think your friend's home. I saw a building down by the lake. Maybe we can hide in there." Eddie nodded his head as he got up, turning and holding his hand out towards Briar, who gladly excepted it. The Munson boy pulled the girl off the floor, towards him.

"I'm sorry you got all roped into this, Bo."

"Don't worry about it. I've had a good time here." The brunette smiled at the girl, walking out of the house, locking it behind himself, before the two of them walked down to the shed by the lake.

"I wish I met you sooner, Bowie."

"Me too, Eddie."

..........

"Do you want to play Go Fish? I'm kind of bored." Briar sighed as they sat across from each other in the boat, the both of them sitting cross cross.

"I guess." The boy got out of the boat, walking over to the table near the window, grabbing the deck of cards before getting back in the boat.

"Here, you-" Before Eddie could say anything, Briar lunged forward, placing her hand over Eddie's mouth to quiet him.

"Eddie, shut up. Someone's outside." The two quickly jumped out of the boat, Eddie throwing the now opened pack of cards on the floor, the cards flying everywhere. "In the boat. Hurry, I'll cover you."

"What? Hell no. We hide with each other. You aren't gonna leave me by myself. Please, Bowie." Briar looked around, realizing that if she didn't hide in the boat, there wasn't really any other great spots to hide. So she quickly hopped in the boat with Eddie, the both of them pulling the tarp over themselves as the voices from outside got louder. "I'm sorry for this, Bo. You shouldn't have gotten involved because now you can go to jail too. And I don't wanna go to jail. Especially since I didn't do it, but no one's gonna believe me. They're gonna think I killed her. Holy fuck, I'm so dead."

"Eddie." Briar placed her hand in Eddie's, grabbing his attention. "You can either be quiet and we don't get caught or you keep talking and we go to jail. Please, be quiet." The two didn't let go of each other's hand, the two finding comfort in each other's touch.

"Bowie, if we go to jail, I want you to know, you're really hot."