𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER SIXTEEN | SHUT THE FUCK UP
    "Oh my fuck!" Dustin and Eddie began to stab at the now opened vent in the ceiling, trying to stop the bats from coming in.

    "Die! Die! Die!" The creatures shrieked while the three teens screamed back, wanting nothing more than to be done with this part of the plan. Suddenly, Eddie had a look on his face, the boy pulling his spear away from the opened vent, leaving Dustin to hold his own. "Eddie! I need you! Oh, you know what? Screw you. Bowie! Help me!" Briar quickly made her way to Dustin's side, taking Eddie's spot as she stabbed at the bats.

    "Get out of the way! Get out of the way!" Briar and Dustin didn't think twice before moving, the Munson boy quickly placing a chair down, stepping onto it to reach the ceiling. The curly headed boy placed the shield spike side up towards the ceiling, blocking the vent. The Sinclair girl and Henderson boy sighed as Eddie took a deep breath, his hands falling to his side. "Holy shit. Holy shit." Eddie looked towards Dustin and Briar, who told him that was a good idea. "Thanks." The two boys high fived as Briar chuckled at the sight, enjoying watching the two boys interact until she asked a great question.

    "Hey, uhm, Eddie. Are there anymore vents?" The boy's eyes widened, cursing under his breath as he ran to the back of the trailer, the other two promptly following him. As soon as they entered the room, the vent popped open, a swarm of bats flying through it and into the trailer. "Holy fuck!" The three pushed their way out of the room, Eddie pulling the door closed as the bats tried to claw their way through it.

    "That's not going to hold."

    "Dustin, shut the fuck up and climb the rope." Briar and Eddie stood side by side, both had the spears and shields, making sure Dustin could safely make his way through the gate.

    "Come on! Quickly!" Dustin quickly fell through the gate, onto the bed as Eddie looked at Briar, nodding his head towards the gate. The brunette dropped her stuff onto the floor, jumping onto the rope, climbing her way through. She hit the bed with a thump, Dustin helping her up as he yelled for Eddie.

    "Eddie, come on. Let's go!" Eddie hesitated before dropping is own stuffing, jumping onto the rope as the bats pounded against the door. The Munson boy suddenly stopped on his way up, confusing the girl. "Eddie, you're so close. Eddie, let's go!" Briar watched as her boyfriend got off the rope, making her eyes widen.

    "Eddie, no." The boy looked up at his girlfriend, his eyes softening as he gave her a grin, nodding as to let her know it would be okay. "No!" The girl quickly climbed up the rope, climbing through the gate and falling onto the bed in the upside down.

    "No, Bowie, go back." Briar shook her head, as if she were telling him he wasn't doing it alone. The boy quickly sighed, taking his spear to cut the rope, making Dustin yell at him, telling him to stop. The rope halves fell through both sides, stopping anyone from going through.

    "Eddie. Bowie. No! Guys, stop." Eddie looked at Briar as he moved the bed out from under the gate, so that Dustin wouldn't try to come through. "Please, stop. Bowie, no! What about Erica and Lucas?" Briar stopped for a moment, a tear falling from her eye as she looked up at Dustin.

    "I'm doing it for them. Eddie?" The Munson boy looked at his girlfriend as he threw the spear over his shoulder, taking the shield into his hand. "What are we doing?"

    "Buying more time." Briar nodded her head, realizing this would probably be it. She quickly looked up at Dustin, smiling sweetly.

    "You're going to be okay without me, kid. See you soon, Henderson." Dustin placed his hands on his head, shaking his head as Briar and Eddie ran out of the trailer door, the two armed with their spears and shields, ready to buy their friends and family more time to fight. "Eddie, the bikes!" The two teenagers hopped onto the bikes, riding away from the trailer, away from Dustin.

    "Come get us, you sons of bitches!" The two rode until the bats caught up, the bats knocking the two off of their bikes.

    "Shit!" Eddie got up first, running towards Briar to pull her up off of the ground before the two began to run, when suddenly, the boy stopped. The brunette Sinclair girl turned in her tracks, giving Eddie a questioning look. "Eddie, what the fuck?"

    "I'm done running. You keep going. I've got it." The switch in Briars head finally clicked, Eddie wanted to prove himself and be the hero, no matter who told him what. No one was going to change his mind. The girl thought for a moment before taking a deep breath in and pulling her spear off of her back, making Eddie shake his head. "No, Bo. I can't let you do this with me. You got a family. You've got siblings, and a mom and dad. You need to go home." Briar shook her head, her eyes watering as she looked at Eddie.

    "I want to do this, because I'm doing it with you, and thats okay for me." Eddie chuckled, his cheeks burning red as they both turned to the swarm of bats, ready to be the heroes in their own story. The bats began to swarm the two, circling them as they stood back to back. "Eddie?"

    "Yeah, Bowie?"