𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN | I LOVE YOU SINCLAIR
"I'm so glad I met you, Eddie." Eddie nodded his head, not taking his eyes off the screeching creatures when suddenly, they began to fly at them. They both began to slash at the creatures, killing them one by one until they began to attack them. Every time Briar would swing at one bat, another would come right behind it and claw at her, ripping through her clothes.

    "Come on!" Out of no where, a bat had its tail wrapped around Eddie's neck, choking him as a bat knocked Briar to the floor clawing at her as she tried to fight back, but she just couldn't anymore. In the distance, she could faintly hear her name being called along with Eddies. She heard the groans of Eddie as he tried to keep fighting off the bats, but they had him pinned down, bats biting and clawing through his flesh as they did the same to Briar.

     "Ahh! No!" Eddie tried to wiggle his way out of the bats tails, but it was no use, he was getting weaker. "Please, no."

..........

    "Eddie? Bowie? Please, no." Briar turned her head to Dustin, who was hobbling towards them, her hand slowly digging into her left pocket. "Oh, god." It took too much of her energy just to move her arm, but she had managed. The two teens on the floor struggled to breath, the two close enough that their hands almost touched. Dustin didn't know who to tend to, so he sat in the middle of them, watching them both slowly bleed because he knew he couldn't do anything for the both of them.

    "It's bad, huh?" Dustin shook his head at the two teens on the floor, trying to convince himself it wasn't happening.

    "No, no, no. You guys are going to be fine. I just have to get you both out of here and to a hospital." Briar sighed, taking a deep breath as she used her free hand to grab Dustin's forearm, the young boy looking at her with tears in his eyes.

    "It's okay, Henderson. It's going to be okay." Dustin shook his head, not wanting to believe the girl but he knew he had to.

    "Here." The girl handed Dustin the envelope, the boy hesitating as he took them, clutching them in his hands. "Give these to everyone please. There's one for everybody. Please, Dustin." Dustin cried as he pushed the letters back into Briars hand, telling the girl that she would make it out and give them to everyone herself. The Sinclair girl nodded her head as tears ran down her face. "I won't make it, Dust. But it's okay. We didn't run this time. We fought. Do you think everyone would be proud of us, Dustin? Because we helped save everyone?" Dustin smiled as he nodded his head, holding Eddie and Briars hand as the girl cried.

    "I think they would be so proud of you guys, Bowie."

    "Dustin. I love you, man." Dustin turned to Eddie, telling the boy he loved him back, the Munson boy being like another older brother to him like Steve was. "Can you give us a minute? I need to tell Bo something. Please." Dustin cried as he shook his head, knowing that if he left, he would never see them alive again. Briar nodded, telling him everything would be okay as she slipped the letters into his pocket, telling him goodbye one last time before he took the bike back to the trailer to let everyone else know what happened.

    "Eddie." The two laid next to each other, bleeding out, struggling to breathe as Briar reached over and grabbed his hand, the two looking at each other as they both cried. "It shouldn't end like this. Eddie, I'm so scared. I don't wanna die yet, I'm not ready." Eddie breathed out deeply, trying not to cry as he looked at the girl in front of him, who now had bat scratches on her neck and chest.

    "It's okay. We'll be okay, Briar. I promise you. Alright?" Briar nodded her head, as she looked at the Munson boy. "Hey, can I tell you something?" Briar nodded her head as she looked into the boys eyes. "I've only known you for a couple weeks, but you made me so happy, man. I didn't feel like a freak when I was with you, I felt like myself, like Eddie. I love you more than my guitar, and I didn't think that was possible. I love you, Sinclair." Briars tears began to flow down her face as Eddie watched her cry, squeezing her hand to comfort her.

    "I love you, Eddie. I wish we had more time."

    "Don't worry, Bo. We'll have all the time in the world. Just close your eyes. I'll be right here the whole time. Okay?" The two struggled to breath, their breathing becoming very heavy.

    "I love you." Eddie took very short breathes as Briar took her last, the boy closing his eyes and following shortly behind.