Chapter 1

"I want a life like in the books, or like in the movies. I want to fall in love and then immediately live happily ever after... Or at least something positive. I want some action in this dull life of mine! A life without having a care in the world..." I said as I looked out the window of the car.

"Never gonna happen, dipshit!", said my younger brother, Mike.

"Mother, do you even HEAR what your son is saying?!" I said.

"Nicki, he's only a baby!" said my mother.

"A baby isn't a baby when they're seven years old!"

"Seven and 3/4, Nicki, get your shit right!" retorted Mike.

I groaned, and my older brother, Tyler, rolled his eyes.

We were driving to a new city. Even though we all pleaded not to move (Mike didn't really care much), we still moved anyway. Though luckily, my best friend, Gabe moved along with us. My mom was moving for a new job and she and Gabe's parents are business associates, so they all moved to the same place.

Gabe was my best friend since kindergarten. He was the best. I have other friends I would miss when I moved, but I just can't move without him. He was a guy my height, tall, and had dark brown hair covering his forehead. He had light brown eyes that were almost golden, but in a good, non-scary way. His skin was sun-kissed, but naturally. He was skinny, with a bit of muscle. If you were to see him for the first time, you wouldn't think he'd be strong, but he's REALLY strong. He's a fast runner, like me, but I'm faster.

I listened to my music while looking out the window. It makes me feel like I'm in a movie or something. But the movie ends when the car stops and the earbuds get yanked off by Mike yelling and bouncing in his seat yelling, "WE'RE HERE!!! WE'RE HERE!!! WE'RE HERE!!!"