Chapter 20

I took the shirt out of the bag slowly, staring at it with fright, happiness, relief, and confusion. My hand gripped on to the old, comfortable fabric, as though my life depended on it, and my hand was trembling. I looked around again, still not finding anyone in sight. I saw that there was a note in the bag. I took the note out of the bag with my free hand and with each word I read, I hugged the shirt with a passion, and put it up to my face and stroked my cheek with it, bringing comfort to me.

Dear Natalie,

I've found your shirt outside of Miss Taylor's room... knowing how she may get, I knew for a fact that she threw it out of the room, and not you, of course, being a fellow Beatle's fan. I washed and dried the shirt for you... and I didn't return it only because of you being a Beatle's fan, but because you're a great friend.

I felt really warm on the inside, and went back inside, taking the bag with me, throwing the bag away, and taking the note upstairs and put it away in a drawer. I was that touched by it, that I had to keep it. I don't know, I'm an emotional person and I'm glad I made someone's day.

I heard the door open, it's Gabe. I know it is, he has keys. Well? I said we were close. If he ever knocks, it's cause he's too lazy to go look for it at his house, which I do have the keys to, in case you were wondering.

I ran downstairs to see him at the counter eating my Mac and Cheese.

"Hi," he said casually, mouth full of food and face covered in Mac and Cheese.

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked, leaning against the wall with my arms crossed.

"Eatin'" he said. He look down at the floor and looked back up and pointed at were he looked. "Spoon on the floor."

"Yeah, I know, the same spoon I dropped on the floor cause I burned myself."

"You burned yourself with a spoon? Now I know why Liam's scared of them. But hiw so?"

I tried not to smile at the One Direction reference. "Well, that Mac and Cheese was mine."

His eyes widened a little and looked down at the Mac and Cheese. He looked up, smirking.

"...was."

"Ugh! Faggot!" I yelled playfully and went up to him and smacked his arm.

"Oh no! I've been wounded!" he exagerated.

"You know what, I'm surprisingly not all that hungry, why don't we share it?"

"Alright."

I took the spoon off the floor, left it in the sink, cleaned the cheese off the floor, and grabbed another spoon.

"Lets go," I said pointing upstairs, "We have to talk."

"Oh yeah, we do."

We went up stairs, and I felt myself hold back tears. Why though?

I put my bookbag on the floor and got on the bed with Gabe.

"You go first," we said simultaneously.

Silence.

"No you," we both said.

"YOU GO!" I said laughing a bit.

"Okay... well... remember when we were talking about how you first met the plastics? How you said you'd tell? Well, I wanna know."

"That's something I wanted to talk about!"

"Okay, so, what is it?"

"Well there were many groups of people, like a lot, that I don't really want to discuss. There's too many to tell you about. But... I was hurt at the fact that I belonged in a couple groups they hated."