Chapter 3

The alarm clock was extremely loud. I pounded the alarm and stood up abruptly. I felt my knees buckle and I flopped back on to bed and moaned. But eventually, I made the groggy walk to the bathroom before everyone else.

I brushed my teeth, squinting at the mirror. Once I checked my breath and approved, I undressed and got in the shower. I got in, pulled the curtain, and turned on the water. I quickly stepped out of the way of the water and waited for the water to get hot. After about three minutes, I jumped in but quickly jumped out with a tremendous shiver.

"MOOOOOM!!!" I yelled.

No answer.

"MOOOOOOOOM!!!" I said louder and more obnoxiously.

There were footsteps coming to the door. Then, mom said, "Nicki Chason, you are not the only one living in this house!! There are people trying to SLEEP here!!! Whatever it is, get over it, fix it, or kill it." Then she left and went back to bed.

I just stood there, with my arms crossed, looking at the running water. I showered little by little until I was finished, and wrapped myself in a towel and left to my room.

I got dressed in my favorite shirt and my tight jeans. I got in front of my full length mirror and looked at myself carefully. I'm tall (as previously mentioned) and my long, wavy, blonde hair cascaded down my back. I got up close to the mirror and looked at myself straight in the eye. My eyes were hazel, but were mostly green. I smiled sheepishly and headed downstairs for breakfast.

I didnt eat much, as usual. I only had a cup of milk and left for school. I met Gabe outside and headed for the bus stop.

"This place blows doesn't it?" I asked.

"Awe its not so bad. We have each other!!" Replied Gabe.

"Well yeah... but I'm gonna have to start my whole life again here!"

"Chill, its just another school!!"

I sighed and shook my head. "Whatever".

We walked on to the bus stop and waited in silence until the bus came. The bus came and we got on silently. The bus was full of noise when the doors opened. Then the bus quieted down and there were hushed whispers saying, "Who are they?", "Are they new?", "Aren't they the new kids?", "Ohhh yeah!! Those are the new kids!!". And there was total silence.