Chapter 4

We walked towards the middle of the bus full of students and there was almost no place for us to sit except for a spot in the middle. We sat on the seats that had rips and tears and were hard as a rock. The air was filled with the smell of old cheese and sweat, a nasty combination.

In the front of the bus were all the geeks and dorks, at least that's what their appearances told me. There were chatters of mathematical equations, technology terms, and all kinds of stuff that I will never understand until I go to college.

Near the back, but not all the way in the back, on the left side of the bus were the....goths? Maybe they were emo... But they were there, more or less quiet. I saw one of them say something in a hushed voice. Then another said in a vague voice, "sounds depressing". All the the others that were part of the group nodded in solemn agreement.

In the same row, but on the right side, was a group of people in bright neon colors with crazy hair. I didn't have the slightest idea what group they were in. Gabe and I decided to call them, "The Weirdos".

All the way in the back, were what seemed to be the popular crowd. It was a whole bunch of pretty people. The guys all looked like Abercrombie models and the girls looked like Hollister models or even Victoria's Secret models. They basically glowed with perfection. Not a single flaw in sight. I decided to call them the plastics, because I recently saw Mean Girls. But I had my own means to attend to. We both stayed quiet for we didn't want to be stared at anymore.

The bus came to a stop. Even though they were in the back, the plastics left first. Everyone let them pass first, and they strutted down and off the bus. Then is when the stampede started. We were the last ones to get off the smelly bus.

Once we got off, I took a few steps forward, and just looked up and stared at the school with narrow eyes. Gabe stood next to me and patted me on the shoulder. "Nicki, its JUST a new school!"

"No, its a new LIFE."

"You and your exaggerations... Just remember, to keep your calm. Remember that its ONLY a school, nothing's gonna happen."

"Again, Gabe, you're wrong. Like I said, its a new life... You never know..."