Chapter 2

I slowly stepped out of the car onto the driveway of our new house. Mike was already at the door and jumping up and down telling our mother to hurry up. Mom told Tyler and I to grab some boxes and went to open the front door. Then, Mike rushed inside.

The house wasn't all that special. The only more or less special thing about it is that it had a second floor, and before moving, I called the room upstairs that had a window facing the side of Gabe's house. Gabe is also getting the room facing the side of my house. As you can already tell, we're neighbors.

After unpacking the boxes, we put everything in place, because the house was previously cleaned. Not only did the house get cleaned, but we made all the repairs and repainted the walls and such before actually moving in.

By the time everything was ready and we could live in the house, dinner was pizza from Papa John's. Thin crust pizza with extra cheese and bacon. My favorite. But that didn't change the fact that I was going to a new school the next day. But at least I had Gabe.

I showered, brushed my teeth, put on my retainer, and flopped on my bed. Mom passed by switching the lights on the way to her destination. That meant I had to go to sleep. I wanted to do one more thing before I went to sleep, and walked to the light switch. But I stopped in my tracks. I wouldn't DARE touch the light switch after mom turned it off. Instead, I grabbed a flashlight and went to my window. I turned on the flashlight and pointed it to Gabe's window. The lights turned on and he appeared soon after. Then I pointed the flashlight to myself and mouthed, "goodnight" and waved with a smile on my face. He did the same. I turned off the flashlight and he turned off his light. I finally went to sleep.