Chapter 5

Gabe and I walked through the entrance of the school. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, though I didn't completly trust the school. I remembered my schedule before coming to school, and lucky enough, I had all my classes with Gabe.

Our advisement was in the science wing with the worst advisement teacher ever, Mrs. Langsley. She's a sour, close to middle aged woman. She's divorced... I could tell why. She was kinda wrinkly and applied her makeup terribly. She was short and pudgy, with two chins, and wore old ladies perfume. All she made us do was read old magazines from the 70s to the 90s. And the angels sang once the bell rang for first period.

1st period I had French, 2nd I had social studies, 3rd I had math, 4th I had english, 5th was science, and 6th was band. I already knew how to play the piano and saxaphone, so I knew I wasn't going to pay attention for the rest of the year.

***

I was in math and I sat behind Gabe. On the other side of me, there was the CUTEST guy ever. He was tall, pretty muscular, blonde hair, blue eyes... He might be a plastic, though I don't think I saw him with them before. Mr. Fueyo, the teacher, was explaing a whole bunch of shit with fractions. It was totally uncomprehendable. I just HAD to talk to the guy next to me. Damn, he was the total package. While taking notes, I pressed down my pencil really hard to break the point. I did it though my my thumb, index finger, and middle finger hurt now. But it was worth it.

I tapped him on his shoulder.

"Pardon, but, uh, can I borrow a pencil? please?"

There was a pause. Oh my god I fucked up for sure.

Then he smiled and said, "I don't know, CAN you?" and raised an eyebrow with a mischievous but cute smile.

"May I?" I said a little bit more comfortably.

"Hehe yeah, sure." He searched through his bookbag and got me a pencil.

"Um, thanks," I said with a nervous smile.

"No problem." He started taking notes again. I felt an amazing sensation on the inside... but I feel like I forgot something... Oh my god, I did. HIS NAME. How could I be so STUPID?! I better not waste time then, take a deep breath and-

"Sorry, I couldn't catch your name."

"Oh, I apologize for not introducing myself. I'm Jason.... And you are??"

"I'm fine" I said with dreamy eyes.

"Your name is Fine?" He raised an eyebrow.

"What? Oh no, my name is, uh, Nicki! I thought you were asking me about how I was doing...hehe..."

"Ummm...okay??" Well, I'll see you soon. then, Nicki."

"Hehe ohhhhkay", I am so STUPID!! I'm a total dork!! Who acts like that anyway?! God, help me. But when he said my name...God I was about to throw up. Out of happiness though. And he said, "See you soon". Does this mean we're meeting again?! Lordy Jesus I hope so!!

I came to my senses when the lunch bell rang. Gabe and I walked to lunch and boy were we starving! Well I was, until I talked to Jason. Then, I had butterflies shooting guns and dropping bombs in my stomach. He walked normally and I walked on air. But little did I know what would happen next.