Chapter 8

I got up right before the alarm started ringing so I beat that sucker before it had the time to partially ruin my morning. I did my basic morning routine and got dressed... except that I called Gabe. In a few minutes, he was at the front door and I let him in. I took his hand and rushed him upstairs and into my room.

"Gabe, what am I gonna do?"

" 'Bout what?"

"All of this!!" I gestured up and down my body.

"Nothing."

"Tell me now, Gabe!"

"I just said, nothing".

"Gabe just because you think Jason doesn't seem okay, doesn't mean the rest of the world should! I wanna try with him! I have to make myself more attractive! Now, tell me!"

"Nothing."

"Are you saying that its so bad that its unfixable? That's not funny!"

"What I'm saying is, you don't need anything else. You're perfect."

I ran into his arms and we shared the longest hug of life.

We went downstairs, but I didn't eat anything. I wasn't in the mood for food. Gabe and I headed to the bus stop while we were laughing and telling each other jokes and foolish things.

The bus came and there was silence on the bus again when we got on. We were just new kids, so why stare? But that's it, I'm showing them who's boss.

"Is there something on my face?"

There was almost no reply, some people shook their heads.

"THEN STOP STARING!"

Now the bus was dead silent. Everyone just kept staring. Even the bus driver looked in the mirror to take a glance at us. But I didn't care, I stood my ground.

"Well, what are you waiting for?!" With that, I sat in the same seat as yesterday, with Gabe coming behind.

Eventually, everyone stopped staring and engaged into their own personal conversations.

We got to school quicker than expected. We got off the bus with the stampede this time.

Once we got off, I didn't walk slowly in depression, I walked with confidence upon the grounds that I thought would be the death of me. Now I feel like I am the death of this school. Yeah, that's how confident I felt.

Advisement was a bore, as usual. 1st period was 'dificile'. Thats French for 'difficult'. I wish Social Studies was more social. And then, came third period.

I sat down in my seat but I didn't plan on talking to Jason today, I have got to make some more material. I saw him talking to what seems to be a friend or teammate, maybe both. I glanced at them quite often during the whole period, and sometimes I heard them whisper, looking at me, and chuckling. Where they talking trash about me? Or maybe, Jason likes me?!

The lunch bell rang, and all the confidence I had today suddenly went away. I was...scared? No! I mean, why should I? Was it cause of the Plastics? It couldn't be... What could be so bad about them?

The Plastics saw me and called me.

"So?" Taylor said.

"What?"

"Are you in?"

"Oh, um, I don't know yet..."

"Nicki, choose quickly! Time is li-mi-ted." Taylor said clapping her hands as she separated the syllables in 'limited'

"I will let you know tommorow"

"Hmph!" Then, she motioned her hand as though she was shooing me away. I sat with Gabe today, and I met Kenan.

Gabe introduced us to each other.

"Nicki, Kenan. Kenan, Nicki"

"Hi," I said, smiling.

"Sup, Nicki," he said casually. He said it as though we've already met and we've known each other for many years. "I've heard all about you, girl. You seem pretty cool". Kenan was dark skinned and had shorth hair, kinda tubby. He actually looks like Kenan Thompson!

We talked for a few minutes until I heard a couple screams behind me with... was that music? Yes it was. But it wasn't ordinary music...

It was party music.