1

I woke up to the sound of Mary bursting through my bedroom door and scolding me for sleeping in past 7am " young proper lady's don't sleep in, it's lazy of you Luna " she snaps at me.

I sit up in bed " sorry Mary " she rolled her eyes before slamming her door on the way out, Mary is my dads wife, meaning she was technically my step mother although I didn't call her that. No one could replace my mother, especially someone as cold hearted as Mary.

I miss my brother Adam being in this hell hole was a lot easier with him being here, but I don't blame him for getting out of here when he could. He's currently in London with his friend Dom who's a famous singer also known as YungBlud, Adam is his guitarist so they've been going to interviews together to promote Dom's new album and doing live performances.

God I envy him he looks so free on stage and his life looks so care free from the one we lived at home, I've just finished music at college like Adam I love the guitar and music. It was my only escape from my pathetic life, and it reminded me of my mother, playing the guitar made me feel close to her.

Looking into the mirror I throw on some black jeans and and a over sized band tee, brushing my black wavy hair out of my face, god forbid I went and had breakfast in my pjs, I think Mary would burst a blood vessel.

Walking down the stairs I sit at the table across from my dad who didn't even look up from his paper when I sit pouring myself some coffee, Mary sits perched at the end of the table eating her breakfast.

" Luna I think it's about time you look for a proper job " she said her tone sharp and serious.

" I've been looking but there's not a lot of places to work to do with music right now " I sigh looking into the bubbles in my coffee counting them hoping not to have this conversation again.

" that's not what I meant! Music is nothing but a silly hobby, and it's not meant for a young lady like yourself you need proper work. A assistant in an office maybe " she said back coldly not even looking in my direction.

Someone shoot me now.

She really thinks I've spent the last two years studying music to go and sit behind a desk and look pretty for some rich guy CEO, and do mindless day to day tasks, I don't think so. But I'm a people pleaser so I play along with it telling her I'd start applying for office jobs right away.

I walk back into my room or should I call it my little haven, my walls were littered with posters of my favourite singers like fleetwood Mac and the cure. Plants and old records decorated my shelf's, I walk over to pull my phone off of charge to see a bunch of notifications.

I sigh whilst slumping on my bed not again, my phone screen was filled with miss calls from James and texts, this happened every so often when he got drunk and decided to harass me.

James was my ex boyfriend we recently broke up before I finished college, I caught him cheating not once, not twice but three fucking times, you think after the first two I would of known better but James had a way of getting me wrapped around his little finger.

My phone buzzes again without even looking at the screen I answer it " leave me the fuck alone " I snap into the phone thinking it was James, I'm never like this but the last month has been like hell and I just needed him to leave me be.

" woah okay then.. " I hear a male voice but it wasn't James it was my brother Adam.

" oh my gosh I'm so sorry I thought you were someone else hi Adam " my hand covers my mouth I'm a fucking idiot.

" home life still shit then? " he says sounding kinda concerned down the phone, I know Adam feels guilty for leaving me here, he was my safety blanket through all the heart break with mum and then Mary he played the typical I'm okay because I'm the older tough brother but I knew he was just putting on a brave face to help me.

" kinda...Mary has been pushing me to get a job even if it isn't music related, because a young lady shouldn't be doing stuff like that " I sigh into the phone.

" well that's bullshit, well I have a surprise for you " I could hear him smiling behind the phone.

" a surprise? " I felt a smile cross my face " what surprise "

With that I heard a honk outside my window and then the phone hung up, I couldn't move my legs fast enough to race to the window to see Adam sat in his car in front of smiling at me cig in one hand and giving me a small wave with the other.

I race down the stairs to fling open the door, Mary heard the commotion as she shouts " no running in my hous-" she cuts off as she sees Adam standing in the door way holding me. She was never mean to me when Adam was around, for some reason she held more respect for him maybe it's because he was a man and she's old fashioned but Adam wasn't dumb he knew when he wasn't around she made my life like hell and treated me like shit on the soles of her shoes.

" Adam, well look at you " Mary smiles behind him. He stood tall in the doorway curly hair brushing over his eyes and he now had facial hair.

He gives her a quick nod before walking past her into the living room, my dad looks up from his news paper to look at what all the noise was. He sees Adam standing over him, he jumps to his feet embracing Adam in a bear hug. " SON " he sobbed into his shirt.

The sight made my heart ache because my dad never showed me any kind of emotion like that, he hasn't since I was little. I asked him once why and he said I reminded me too much of her, her being my mother. I had black hair and blue eyes like her, I've seen photographs of her and it's fair to say I know I'm not adopted. Maybe that's why Mary hates me so much I'm a constant reminder of my mum.

I pushed those thoughts to the back of my mind because Adam was here and it's the best thing to happen to me all month, he's been away for a year I didn't even know he was coming back today.

" hi dad, I'm back for a couple days whilst we have a little break before we head on tour next month " Adam says still holding my dad.

It's only a couple days but I'll take it.

///

First chapter I'm so bloody excited for this story don't worry Dom comes into play very soon