7 - 𝘿𝙚𝙧 𝙆𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙖𝙧'𝙨 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙤𝙬𝙣

A-N: swipe the image away to find a song related to a certain aspect/s of this chapter! happy reading! 💕

The squawking of parrots, the purring of tigers and the scratching Koalas made with their large claws on the sturdy tree bark they clung to

The squawking of parrots, the purring of tigers and the scratching Koalas made with their large claws on the sturdy tree bark they clung to. The hissing of snakes in their enclosed tubs, the gentle munching of turtles near the bay, feasting on lettuce leaves from their lunchtime meal, and the scrambling of dainty little paws as meerkats climbed onto rocks for a better view of their observers over the fence a few metres away.

Small children screamed and cried from the pushchairs while they impatiently waited for their parents to give them the orangutang toy they so desperately wanted from the large gift shop. Couples with their fingers intertwined while they pointed at a variety of species, walking by each habitat and observing these beautiful creatures. Zookeepers, in their designated areas of the zoo, patiently tending to their customers who bravely attempted to hold a snake as it slowly slithered up their arm, whilst their bodies trembled in utter trauma.

But not all people were conquering their fears of snakes..

Not all people were crying in agitation for soft plushies..

And not all people had partners to gaze with them at the cute little otters and pandas..

A young man smiled to himself warmly. His bandaged hand reached up from his beige tailcoat pocket to flick his chocolate brown fringe out of the way of his vision. He strided past the screaming children with ease, he swivelled past all the couples with such elegance, he marched round the kiosks, hoping to find more intriguing little critters that may have been different from the rest.

Dazai had been to zoos many times before, some through the agency, some on his own like today, and nothing had seemed to change. Everything was so same-y, there was nothing new. No new species, no new attractions, no new exhibitions, nothing!

Must this all be so boring..? Man, they really need to switch things up a little.. The brunette sulked with a deep inward sigh.

With various kiosks and exploration areas stood zookeepers, and today, they were showcasing bravery, allowing visitors to get the chance to hold and take pictures with some of the most beloved animals in this very zoo. One zookeeper, unfortunately, wasn't able to get as much customers participating with his animals, compared to the snakes or the tortoise enclosures. He sighed deeply, desperately looking around for anyone who seemed at least remotely interested in the species he was providing to the public. His eyes darted amongst the large crowd of people queueing for other habitats, debating whether to ask one to join him.