11 - 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙄𝙙𝙚𝙖

A-N: swipe the image away to find a song related to a certain aspect/s of this chapter! happy reading! 💕

Evenings in Yokohama. Usually, near to the end of the week, large areas of the city thrive due to the nightlife district. Plenty of bars, clubs, pubs, and even restaurants are open until the early hours of the morning to make business off of the public's thirst and hunger, not to mention mixed amongst dancing with fancy heels and boots stuck to sticky floors. With the house music pouring in waterfalls out of their huge speakers, residents and tourists are afraid to fight that tide. They'd dance the night away, and they wouldn't even care if it killed them.

< ♪"Where did we break, oh friends
We stared at each other on downcast days
As we linked our fingers, oh friends,
I felt time would stop" >

However, this was an ordinary weekday, after all. So less booming music, less drinking and, therefore, less drunks wobbling down the street. Which was always welcomed by those who either preferred not to drink.. and introverts.

The cicadas were likely sound asleep by now, along with the birds that once sat chatting away to each other in the trees. It was way past rush hour so there was no more traffic pollution, disturbing the peacefulness within the city. Yokohama had finally come to rest, there was almost no sign of life. Except for a certain corner on a certain street. A fairly intriguing corner of a certain street at that, to say the least.

< "We can't go back anymore, oh friends
You're further than anyone else now
We were always running, oh friends
I loved those eyes of yours"♪>

On this corner sat the Armed Detective Agency building. Unlike its surprising evening inside the main office, to say the least, outside was completely different. It was completely silent for the large majority of the night that had passed so far, on this very street. Most cars that were previously parked on this street were long gone by now, they'd likely made it back home from work after fighting through the queues to get there. Leaving a nice cleared, obstacle-free road, you'd think..