12 - 𝙉𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙧𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝘼 𝙎𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙧

A-N: swipe the image away to find a song related to a certain aspect/s of this chapter! happy reading! 💕

⚠️ Slight spoiler warning of Light Novel No. 1, a.k.a my fav light novel 😌

The sun gleamed contently in the sky

The sun gleamed contently in the sky. Its bright beaming light poured into a bedroom window of a small apartment in Tokyo. It crawled onto a surprisingly clean grey-carpeted floor and along some bedsheets that latched onto the mattress for dear life after it had been tossed and turned all over the place in the night.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!..

"Urghhhhhhhh.."

A soft groan floated out of a pair of thin-lined lips as the irritating alarm ruined the blissful quiet atmosphere. A bandaged hand reached out from under the duvet like a zombie rising from the grave. It felt around on the bedside table, trying to locate the clock to turn it off but it was having no luck.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!..

"Urghhhhhhhh—!"

A more agitated groan pierced through the alarm's frustrating screeches for attention. The hand started to frantically feel its way along the wooden surface with its long lanky fingers in a desperate attempt. Alas, it was still nowhere to be found.

However, there was no noise to be heard again coming from the individual under the covers. But as it was the straw that broke the camel's back, the hand suddenly balled into a fist and begun punching the surface of the beside table, all in need to turn the damn alarm off.

BASH! BEEP! BASH! BEEP! B-

Clunk!

..

.

Silence..

A satisfied sigh escaped the young man's lungs as he was finally able to complete his mission. All was at peace and he, specifically, was one with the world once again.

After some further tranquil moments of lying in bed, the individual decided it was time to get out and greet the day. He elegantly pushed away the covers that once hugged him and stared up at the creamy-coloured ceiling.