10 - 𝘿𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨, 𝘿𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨

A-N: swipe the image away to find a song related to a certain aspect/s of this chapter! happy reading! 💕

bzzt!

..

.

"Wh- what just happened?"

"What does it look like.."

Just as yet another already-heated argument began to boil and overflow out of the pan, the panelled lights above (Y/N) and Kunikida's head gave in and passed out, leaving this unlikely duo in pitch black, with no help for their vision except for pale white street lights outside the office windows. But, with the Agency being four floors high in the building complex, the lamps outside hardly stood tall enough. They didn't stand a chance, literally.

"Eh-.. Darkness.."

"Exactly."

In an attempt to remember where she was, (Y/N) gently levitated her arms with her hands outstretched in front of her. Since she was so used to being in the spotlight, let's just say she wasn't used to the dark. "D- Do you think they'll turn back on automatically..?"

"Probably not," Kunikida replied with a soft sigh. "This building is quite old and I doubt the lights have been updated or fixed in any sort of way. I'll see if I can turn them back on using the fuse box," he added before reaching into his pocket, pulling out his flip phone and opening it up. He groaned, "Damn it.."

"What is it?" (Y/N) asked in slight confusion.

"I was planning on using my phone as a torch to see where I was going, but it's out of battery. Odd, I charged it up this morning and hardly used it the whole day," he frowned in annoyance before folding his phone back up and shoving it back into his trouser pocket.

"Hmm, that is strange," (Y/N) echoed his feelings on the situation, diving into her own pocket for her phone instead. She opened it up, a flashing red battery symbol flashed out to her on the screen before passing out again in her arms. My battery's dead too? That's weird. "Crap.." She muttered before sighing, shrugging softly, "I'm sorry, I would give you mine to use but.. it seems mine's dead too."