3 - 𝙅𝙀𝙒𝙀𝙇 𝙎𝙉𝘼𝙆𝙀

A-N: swipe the image away to find a song related to a certain aspect/s of this chapter! happy reading! 💕

He stumbled. Stumbled into the train's interior wall behind him. (Y/N) had given him such a shove that he wasn't able to stand up straight. My god, was she strong.

But Kunikida, however, was not only physically but mentally taken aback by her change in mood. 'I don't know why I even bothered to try and be kind to you in the first place.. Turns out you're just like everyone else!!' Those words of hers echoed around in his head. What was she talking about? She seems to be loved by everyone, other than a mere few of course, but still. She has it easy.. right? His face dropped to an emotionless gaze when he realised what she was saying was true. And aside from her cocky nature, she was genuinely trying to be nice to him. He actually.. felt somewhat guilty for how he acted towards her.

Then Kunikida suddenly broke free from his thoughts when she noticed her beginning to stride down the train to the conductor's compartment. His eyes widened as he suddenly remembered her strong words that were now bouncing around in his mind. 'Are you completely clueless?! We don't know what we're up against here!' Word for word, he recited her voice. Without anymore hesitation, "Hey, wait! (Y/N)!!" A small gasp slipped from his mouth when he realised he had called her by her first name on accident. And here I was saying I didn't want to know her on a personal level.. But that's not important right now, maybe it might get through to her if I use her first name. However, unfortunately, he got no response.

He began to follow her, walking at a steady yet increasing speed while he noticed the fact that she had already got to the conductor's cabin. He tried again.. "(Y/N)!" No response but instead saw her rush into the small room, adjusting, from what Kunikida could see, the unconscious train conductor gently back onto his seat.

"HEY!" Kunikida grew more impatient, his hands clenched to fists, his brows knitted together in a frown, his walking pace slowly increasing to a speed walk. But then, this expression quickly loosened and faded into one of great terror. His eyes widened, his pupils shrank, his brows unthreaded, his lips parted. Only one singular breath made its way out of his mouth, in shock as to what he was witnessing.