13 - 𝙊𝙣𝙚 𝙎𝙩𝙚𝙥 𝘼𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙙

"You may have the others fouled, but you can't foul me."

..

.

It was as if time itself had stopped for eternity. The air suddenly felt heavy and the atmosphere had gained an eery silence that deafened every pair of ears in the room.

The young pop star froze, her feet in the chunky loafers she wore were rooted to the floor like a tree in a graveyard. Her body was submerged in a bitterly cold pool of anxiousness, nerves, fear. Her bright (E/C) eyes had changed their hue to a more colder tint as she felt boiling hot nervousness and freezing cold fear all mixed into one while it grew knotted up inside the pit of her stomach. Her mind. Her heart. And her blood.

Drips of saliva were forcefully gulped down her throat like an alcoholic beverage at a pub on a bright sunny day. The only difference was the fact that this day had suddenly developed a dark cloud, a dark scary atmosphere, above her pretty little head. It trickled down her throat while her dainty hands gripped the cardboard boxes, with all the sickly sweet treats she had brought in for everyone to enjoy, a little bit tighter. Trying her best to prevent her fear to spread into her arms, her legs, and those hands that were covered in rings and various bracelets and jewels, to stop any unnecessary jangling.

At this moment, she dreaded the attention.

She knew that, with one wrong move..

It could be all over..

Eventually, after a couple of moments spent recollecting herself, she slowly turned around in the perceptive detective's direction. "I-.. I'm sorry..?" was all she managed to stammer. Shit.. this is bad.. this is bad..! Does he know about my mission? Wait.. he is the greatest detective in the agency after all.. But how? How would he know now?! Besides.. this was only meant to be a kind gesture.. nothing more..

Swiftly flapping the newspaper he was reading shut before folding it and tossing it onto his desk, the dark-haired detective crossed his arms over his chest. He flicked his spiky brown hair away from his eyes, revealing the coldest, most piercing stare known to man. Not long after, attaching itself to the young pop star, allowing the radiation of further anxiety and fear to run through her veins and cause her to stay rooted in position.

Finally, Ranpo parted his thin lips to speak, "You think I'd willing take something as tempting as that from a person like you.. and indulge in it without a care in the world?"

W- what..? What is he saying..? (Y/N) couldn't help but squint her eyes in slight confusion. His question absolutely baffled her to say the least. What is he getting at here..? Without knowing, the singer's shoulders drooped gently with innocence and worry. At this point, she really was at a loss for what she had done wrong. "B- but.. I don't understand.. I didn't mean no harm-"

Then followed a statement that hit her pretty hard. Shocked her to the very core..

"I don't get tricked so easily, Little Miss Popstar. Gonna have to try a lil harder than that."

Her heart stopped. Her eyes scanned around the vision she had without moving her head at all. Not wanting to meet any other detective's eye. As they were also a witness to what was happening.

...

..

.