Chapter Ten

Dedicated to @Sparky_brain a beautiful mind who is taken inspiration to write their own stories! Check them out! Pretty good for a new writer!

After leaving Ophelia's cottage with newfound feelings; the group headed to the department store where Dougal may have been spotted. The windows were full of glamorously dressed mannequins. Jacob, Tina, and Queenie approach the shop windows before the others as they stared at a handbag that, seemingly of its own accord, is sliding down the arm of a mannequin. Newt and Ophelia hurry up behind them and watch as the bag hovers in mid-air and floats off into the store "Dougal..." Newt said softly.

Inside the department store; is well decorated for Christmas, with aisles full of expensive jewelry, shoes, hats, and perfumes. The place is shut down for the night, all the lights were off and no noises could be heard. As the group tiptoes through the store, Newt with Ophelia and Tina, Jacob, and Queenie going their separate ways; the group watched the floating handbag float off "Demiguises are fundamentally peaceful, but they can give a nasty nip if provoked" Newt said softly with the others hearing him well.

 As the group tiptoes through the store, Newt with Ophelia and Tina, Jacob, and Queenie going their separate ways; the group watched the floating handbag float off "Demiguises are fundamentally peaceful, but they can give a nasty nip if provoked" ...

The Demiguise known as Dougal made itself appear- a silvery-haired, orangutan-like creature, with a curious, wizened face- clambering over a display to reach a box of sweets. Newt pointed to Jacob, Queenie and Tina "You three... head that way and try very hard to not be predictable" Newt said to them as they headed off. A small roar can be heard in the distance; the Demiguise which on hearing the sound, looks up towards the ceiling, before continuing to gather sweets, now shoveling them into its handbag. Ophelia looked at Newt confused "Was that the Demiguise?" she asked softly as he shook his head grabbing her hand and gently pulling her with him "No but I think it might be the reason that the Dougal is here..." they move swiftly down an aisle towards the Demiguise, which is now moving away through the store.

Dougal; realizing he had been spotted he turned and looked at Newt quizzically, before moving up a set of side stairs. Newt couldn't help but smile and moves to follow with Ophelia not far behind him. They followed the Demiguise to the attic which was filled floor to ceiling with shelves packed with boxes of China: dinner services, teacups and general kitchenware. The Demiguise walks along the attic in a patch of moonlight. It glances around before stopping and emptying its handbag full of confectionary.