Changes and World Building

Author's Chapter - 1

Important story changes! Highly suggested to read.

This isn't a chapter sorry, but just an update on some realizations I had. I wanted this fiction to be both within realistic expectations and used TYPE MOON Wikia, while also allowing for wider maneuverability with some mixed speculations from reddit + my own ideas.

But since someone pointed out that I've went and somehow burned my own shipwreck of a fanfic(I'll find a way to burn it in water somehow)...yes I take any review critically (for now), I will happily continue to modify the story to at least limit it within the Nasuverse boundaries. Simply as both a dedication to Fate and Fanfiction Net. So any Fate experts out there, please help me out here.

I feel like I did a good job for chapter 2, compared to 0 and 1. So I'm going to be a man and avoid my responsibilities. Instead of fixing my mistakes, I'll just bullshit my way with my own version of explanations to tone them down.

(I still get goosebumps from when I wrote Shirou's appraisal)

Of course, I'll scale down the craziness of my imagination, as much as I can.

===

First Change: Scaling down Mana = 1000 Prana

And here is my first bullshit world build explanation.

The modern era, we have increased our temperature from 0.3 in the medieval era to 0.6 from normal world temperatures.. Now there are 1.04 x 10^44 molecules in the atmosphere.

1.6 ( 1.04 x 10^44 ) - 1.3 ( 1.04 x 10^44 ) = 0.3 ( 1.04 x 10^44 )

3.12 x 10^43 Joules of energy have been pumped into the atmosphere (heat energy is Joules).

0.6 from the deviation. Meaning the balance of 0 from the original world temperature status had long since crumbled in my plebeian eyes, such a change in scale should have destroyed the world. But I'm not a science guy, and the world is still alive. So here we are.

So if the world's balance was 1:1 before, we have shifted to 1.6 physical energy: 0.4 magical energy in the modern era for this Nasuverse timeline. (I shall now call every fanfic a branch of the Nasuverse world tree or whatever it's called)

This explains why mana has started disappearing in the modern era, and also why typhoons, global warming, and other disasters have become more commonplace. Simply because the world had shifted its balance to favor kinetic energy.

And the source of this change was humanity's advancement.

Wow humans are assholes to the world. I feel like siding with Gaia more than Alaya right now.

Of course, Gaia tries to tip the scales back to their original balance. How? By wiping out human intervention. Each disaster is created from the 1.6 physical. : 0.4 magical ratio. Meaning right now Gaia has more power to influence the physical realm where humans reside. Using this 1.6 scale, Gaia ups the temperature first, hoping humans die from the changing temperature. When that fails, she starts using more active means. I.e. typhoons, earthquakes, etc.

Well shit. I've gotten way off topic. Eh, extra words and more world building at least.

Let's say Shirou lived in the modern era, with a mana equivalent of 0.4. Then you threw his soul into another dimension where the mana equivalent is 0.7.

1.3 physical : 0.7 magical balance in the medieval era right?

So Shirou has at around double the mana/od/prana efficiency of the average mage now. Simply because his UBW retained its memories when it got isekai'd.