Volume 2: Black and Red Clouds CH7

Quick Author's Note

To El20030408, who asked whether Shirou would seal or move a tailed beast within his soul if it meant saving lives? Yes, he would. But since they are sapient beings, Shirou would try and find a way to help them before releasing them. Just like Naruto.

To Marcas Dammin, I'm pretty sure I only buffed Tatsumi by making his full Incursio dragon form a natural part of him (check out the manga). Esdeath in the anime was a kingdom-level threat from the power she showed in the last battle. So in my eyes, Esdeath should be on par with Pein (Nagato Uzumaki in this story), since Pein single-handedly destroyed Konoha.

Akatsuki in this story:
Pein (SS+)

Konan (S)

Yahiko (S)

Esdeath (SS)
Tatsumi (S and SS depending on manga form)

Zetsu (S)

Shirou (A)

Lunea (A)

===

The view was amazing. Coupled with the atmosphere, almost everyone would've been in a good mood.

Except for Shirou.

"You could see the entire hidden village from here!" Lunea gasped as she leaned over the edge of the railing, looking at the scene before her.

The four of them stood on the tourist spot above the Hokage Monument, overlooking Konohagakure in all it's glory.

Many other tourists were with them, brought about by the event being held in Konoha at that time.

The Chuunin Exams.

"Be careful, Lunea. Make sure not to fall off." Shirou pulled the girl back from the precarious edge. Not for the lack of safety, but rather should the railing suddenly fall along with her, Lunea would be hard pressed to defend herself once the Konoha Shinobi came.

They needed to play it safe until the assault after all.

"This is your first time seeing Konohagakure, right? So, what do you think?" Prinz Eugen asked from the side.

The sisters had visited Konoha before. While not locals, they were happy to lead the two teens around on the tourist spots they knew about.

Shirou and Lunea had spent two months scouting the place with the other Akatsuki members. But today was their first time exploring the tourist locations, mostly because the tourist spots were all far from the locations they needed.

Multplie ROOT entrances were scattered around Konoha's major infrastructure, none of which were close to the Hokage Monument.

"For a so-called hidden village, this place is not so hidden, nor is it small enough to stay a village." Shirou pointed out the first thing that came to mind.

"It's more of a traditional thing for the ninjas." Heinrich explained.

Shirou could understand that. Japan in his world also stuck heavily to tradition. This world wasn't so different in some aspects.

"Let's get some early lunch before the rush comes. I want to get some good stadium seats later." Eugen suggested.

The final stage of the Chuunin Exams would begin right after lunch. Then the members would all convene at the stadium before the assault.

"Shirou, Lunea, any preferences?" Heinrich asked the two teens.

"Nope. I'm fine with anything." Lunea shook her head.