Chapter 2

Taehyung

As people said, mondays are always 'monday blues'. To Taehyung, it's the same as well. When two days of relaxation ended, he jolted up to the loud sound of his alarm clock. He really wanted to switch it off and go back to sleep, but he had to wake up for university courses in the early morning and prepare for another busy week.

After his graduation from high school, while having his university courses in the morning, Taehyung decided to find a job. Despite trying his best and doing extremely intense practices, his efforts are all in vain.

He really wanted to give up once and for all. However, as people said 'work hard, whatever you want, it will always come to you.' , his strive paid off  because after many failed attempts, he finally found one for a clerk at a small company. He worked regular hours as a part-timer, but sometimes even worked overtime to support his parents and family due to the fact that they are not as affluent as normal families are.

Taehyung, being a perfectionist, checked his work more than three times, not missing any single word, before handing it in. His excellent work was often praised by the boss.

Mostly, the only things in his mind are essays, spreadsheets and agendas, but when his mind is finally free from work and complicated university assignments, he can't help but to think back at the memories he had with his best friends at high school. He also happened to think about Jisoo, the 'ultimate' unnie amongst the 4 cheerful yet savage girls.

Why?

It is because she was the one who knew him the most as she understands that he has a unique 4D personality, like her. They both had a teensy tinsy bit of wacky behavior, such as not flinching in any situations, unlike the others.

Once, the 11 played fireworks together, when they let down their guard and chatted with each other happily, the fireworks suddenly blasted, taking off into the dark, starlit sky. Almost all of them jumped in fright, especially Jennie and Hoseok who screamed their lungs out. In which of course, except Taehyung and Jisoo.

They chuckled happily because of their friends' hilarious shocked faces. The others would ask 'Why are you guys not scared at all?' Jisoo would make a cheeky face and say 'I'm not scary!' and Taehyung remembered himself always nodding along and saying 'Me too!'

However the two brave non-flinchers, as everyone did, have a weakness — which to them is the fear of heights! The 9 knew that and would taunt them and say 'Let's go paragliding or a rope course, or zip lining next time!' Finally seeing their scared faces, the friends cracked up until they had a bellyache. The two would become angry and wanted (pretended, duh 😂)to beat the others up, with the rest of them running around, screaming 'HELP!!!'

Also, the other friends are somewhat confused by their 'outstanding' 4D behavior as they made 'clever' and 'creative' ideas, and said funny things which they are both proud of and laughed as they saw the others being stumped despite their 'lengthy' explanations.

The memory of the friends went on an outing to a beautiful cornflower field in the dazzling countryside, laughing and running among the flowers freely like gazelles on the plains, oh yes, and taking countless photos and 'selcas' (aka selfies) together, happens to be the one he remembers and misses the most.

Every time he thought of it, all his stress from the intense work, the chaotic drama at the office, and his busy studies dissolved. After long and tiring days, and the pandemonium in life, even he, being an RBF, finally found a great reason to smile.