Chapter 6

Taehyung

That night was cloudy and Taehyung felt gloomy while coming back home from his overtime work. Not only because of the weather, he was scolded by his boss.

Want to know why?

Let's start from the beginning.....

He, after a long day of university courses, was already worn out from all the tedious assignments and obviously uninteresting lectures. Out of such fatigue, he couldn't catch the bus and had no choice but to wait for the next one, which needed quite a long time. When he was on the bus, he prayed for it to go faster as he's running out of time.

Once he reached his workplace, he didn't even want to wait for the lift. Despite his office was on the 10th floor, Taehyung dashed up the stairs and burst into the door. Unfortunately, he was late again.

His boss was standing there, with a completely expressionless face, saw him rush in. He said 'Taehyung! You're late for the third time this month.'

'I'm sorry, Mr. Choi....... I have a lot of university stuff to catch up on.'

'This is not an excuse.'

'Sorry, I didn't mean it, but.......'

Before he could finish his sentence, his boss cut in 'Go do your work. Don't be late anymore, otherwise......' His voice was very stern

Taehyung knew the drill all too well but he still replied nervously, 'Yes, Mr. Choi', just like a guilty child.

He went to his seat, while some of his colleagues were murmuring behind him 'Oh look, Taehyung is late again.' 'And he made Mr. Choi mad.' 'Yes, it serves him right that he often makes excuses!'

He was too tired to notice their gossiping and walked back dejected, to his little cubicle in the corner of the office.

Turning on the computer, he continued on making spreadsheets, typing agendas, doing everything that a clerk does.

As he sat in his cramped cubicle working away, Taehyung felt his eyes droop with exhaustion and decided to make himself some coffee from the machine in the office.

However, even worse, as he was in a daze while walking back to his seat, he accidentally bumped into someone and coffee was spilled everywhere.

When he snapped back to reality, he saw the person was his boss!

The boss shouted 'TAEHYUNG! YOU SPILLED COFFEE ON ME!'

He was in complete shock and losing his sanity in a split second, he immediately went on his knees and kept on saying 'Mr. Choi, I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry......' like a parrot, non-stop.

His colleagues couldn't hide their snickers, which made Taehyung very embarrassed that he really had the urge to dig a hole right on the spot and hide in it.

He, after a bad day of work, staggered in complete tiredness all the way home. When he opened the door, guess what he saw?

.

.

.

.

.

.

He heard the TV blaring and his father was crazily drinking alcohol while gaping at it like a maniac, with many beer bottles around him. He wanted to ask his mum what happened, but when he went to her room, she was hurt, as if she was being beat up.

Taehyung screamed 'MUM!!!!!' and shaked her continuously. With no response, he took out his phone

Just as he wanted to dial 112, his mum suddenly came to her senses and said 'Oh....Tae....you're....finally back.....'

He immediately asked 'What has happened to you?! And why is dad drunk?'

His mother stuttered 'Your dad.....he.....was fired....and lost his job...then he....'

He knew all too well what his mum would say next. Despite her weak protest, he became furious and bolted into the living room.

He yelled 'DAD!!!!! HOW DARE YOU HURT MUM!!!!!!!'

His father screamed 'WHAT THE HELL DID YOU JUST SAY, BOY!!!'

He shouted back 'JUST BECAUSE YOU LOST YOUR JOB DOESN'T MEAN YOU COULD DO THAT TO YOUR WIFE!!!!!'

His father was infuriated and grabbed his arm with great force, pulling him in.

He tried to break free, but with his father's steel grip, but he couldn't.

His father punched him, and Taehyung tasted blood. Then everything went black.