Chapter 13

Taehyung

(Time goes back to 2 days after Taehyung went to hospital in Part 1 Chapter 6)

When he woke up, he murmured 'Where am I?'

Soon a doctor came towards him and asked 'Is your name Kim Taehyung?'

'Yes,' he answered

'Finally you are awake. You are currently in hospital as you were previously found unconscious, bleeding and hurt all over in your own home.'

'How long was I out?'

'You were in a coma for 2 days'

'What!!!' He shouted

'Yes you are. You were sent here exactly two days ago.'

'Then who called the ambulance?'

'It miraculously happened to be your mother. She called the police despite her injuries and her voice was shaking and trailing off while telling the address before a loud scream was heard and the phone was cut off, as if she had been hit. It was all thanks to her information, the police could arrive quickly and busted in the door, seeing your mother was out cold and was badly injured. They sent her to the hospital along with you. Your father was being held in custody for questioning'

Taehyung urgently asked 'Can I see her now?'

The doctor said 'You're in luck, she is in a good condition and you can see her now.'

He wanted to get off his bed, but his leg was very painful, so a nurse gave him a cane to walk with. He felt at least 30 years older but he had no choice but to do so.

After a moment of limping and hobbling, he arrived at his mother's ward.

He said 'Mum......are you okay?'

His mother, recognizing her son's voice, opened her eyes and gasped 'Tae..... Why are you here......'

Taehyung said 'I've come to see you, eomma.....'

Seeing Taehyung with a cane, his mother said 'Just rest, Tae... I'm ok'

He couldn't hold back his tears anymore. 'Eomma, I promise I'll get us out of the hospital soon....'

The mother took the hand of his son and tears are also shining on her face.

His mother said 'Yes, we'll go home together....'

Finally, after two weeks in hospital, both he and his mother were discharged and could return home.

Due to the long period of staying in the hospital, he missed a lot of work, so much that he needed to 'escape' from some of university courses. His boss ordered him to finish all his missing tasks in five days, as the company had urgent business to deal with and required instant help from the colleagues. Taehyung worked harder than he had since he took up the job. He always went back home late and was totally drained out from the intense work.

When he went home one night, he saw his father was drunk again, sitting in front of the TV, but he seemed that he paid zero attention to its blare. A lot of beer cans were piled all around him and the sofa. Flipping through a newspaper furiously, he grumbled 'Damn it... Got the wrong horse!'

He knew that since his father lost his job, he was always gambling. Every time that Taehyung remembers that night he got hit to the hospital, he avoided his dad, but his mum wasn't that lucky as she was always angry at him for doing so and scolded him, and was beaten every time. Taehyung was furious while seeing his mother being abused, but his father always threatened him that if he ever dared to intervene, he would suffer much more than his mother and would definitely regret it, so he felt hopeless as he didn't dare to save her.

That same night, Taehyung's mother came out of her room. Seeing her husband was deeply in booze and failed a gamble again, she lost herself because of her husband's constant drunkenness, stupid speculations and more importantly, his violence. She yelled 'Can you ever stop that and find a proper job?! You never win any single bet!' Taehyung's father saw red and shouted 'SHUT UP, WOMAN!!! CAN'T YOU SEE I LOST!!!'

'Just quit the bastard gambling, you pig!!! Even if you didn't do it for me, think of your son Taehyung!!!!'

Suddenly, the memory of Taehyung's mother causing his arrest struck his mind and he became uncontrollably furious. His father beat up his wife, right in front of Taehyung. Taehyung's blood began to boil, greater than ever, straight into his brain. He ran to his father to block him with his might from his mother while yelling  'STOP!!!! DON'T HURT MY MOTHER!!!' Unfortunately, his father was stronger than him. He ignored Taehyung and swatted him aside with great force, causing him to stumble and roll under the sofa, knocking him out with one single blow. His mother shrieked 'NOOOO!!!!!WHY DID YOU HIT YOUR SON!!!', but she was punched harder instead.

Taehyung, who was totally disoriented from his father's attack, saw such a horrifying scene and unable to contain his blasting rage, went completely insane. He dashed into the kitchen and grabbed a knife. Pointing it at his dad, he yelled 'I WILL KILL YOU IF YOU EVER LAY YOUR HANDS ON MUM!!'

His father, also blinded by his fury, shouted 'BRING IT ON, YOU WORTHLESS RUBBISH!!!'

Being provoked by the huge insult while in a completely mad state, Taehyung pounced on his father and plunged the knife. Blood spilled everywhere. A piercing  'NOOO!!!!!!', was the only thing he heard, before his mind blacked out.

When Taehyung finally came back to his senses, he screamed in fright when he saw a knife in his hand and his father lying on the floor in a puddle of blood. 'What...what....have I...I...done....?' He asked quiveringly, his entire body trembling with shock. His mother was crying again and stuttered 'Tae... you...you killed....your father....'

Taehyung's face was ghostly white and was about to pass out when he heard such news. 'I killed my dad....I killed my dad....' He muttered, like an out-of-control Furby toy which couldn't shut up.

After almost 1000 times of repetition, he really went psychotic.

His mother tried to hug and comfort him, but he pushed her away. He ran out of the apartment, leaving his mom bawling on the floor.

Out of control, Taehyung ran up to the rooftop and leaned on the bars. The starry sky was beautiful that night, but he couldn't smile at all. Instead, the regret of killing his dad and hurting his mum was creeping all over and suffocating him, intensifying by the second. Soon after, unable to hold back the uttmost sinfulness which fully overwhelmed him, he jumped over the railing.......