Chapter 11

Jisoo

Jisoo saw the hourglass vibrate, signifying an urgent mission. She checked it and saw a boy, who happened to be Jimin. He was sitting on the couch, staring at a bottle. It was no ordinary bottle, but was full of pills that could ease depression.

She knew what he was about to do and ran straight to Jimin's house, hoping to reach him in time. Bursting in the door, she shouted in a panic, 'Jimin! NO!!!!' hoping he can hear her and stop. But to her horror, she saw Jimin lifeless on the couch instead.

Jisoo's body began to glow, and she felt a lightning bolt strike her as a wave of guilt and despair washing over. She was too late to save Jimin.

Two days later, light emitted from her hourglass again. This time, the image of Lisa appeared. She was standing on the edge of a rooftop, which Jisoo was no stranger to. She recognised that it's the exact place where the girls vibed late at night.

With no hesitation, she dashed to the building immediately at the speed of light, hoping to reach there before Lisa made a move, a life-ending move. Soon, she arrived at the scene, out of breath, only to see Lisa's body lying out on the ground.

Her body emitted a strong light and felt a sharp pain as if someone was poking a needle into her. Jisoo had failed to save another friend. This time it wasn't only her friend, but her another dear 'sister', Lisa.  Overwhelmed with grief, she locked herself into her room and cried for days, only coming out for her meals.

Not long after, when she heard the most grave news ever—the only girl remaining—Chaeyoung was also dead, it was like three strikes that knocked her out, like large, thick spike shoved into her heart.

She closed her eyes, and all the happy memories together with the girls resurfaced into her mind. Going to the paintball range, wildly dancing on the streets and the rooftop, and much, much more. Once they even raided a bodega, and had an huge food fight in it. She knew that is super 'bad girl behavior' which is too bad for a good girl like her, yet still enjoyed it and had a wacky yet memorable time.

Jisoo felt hopeless and extremely rueful. She blamed herself for not being able to save her friends. First, Jennie from her car crash, then Lisa who fell off a building. However, she wasn't the one who failed to save Chaeyoung. Jisoo was puzzled and asked herself, 'Who was it? It obviously wasn't me though...'

Suddenly, 'Goddess Jisoo' 's voice came from the hourglass. 'The one who didn't save Chaeyoung in time is Jin, one of "our" 10 mates. He also had the same mission as you, which is saving your friends. Unfortunately, for the record, he hadn't succeeded either. So keep on going to save the rest!'

After hearing that, Jisoo felt a wave of anger towards Jin for failing to save her dear 'sister'. But she soon realized that she had failed to save Jin's 'brothers' Yoongi and Jimin as well, which made her feel worse. Jisoo also became aware that she was the one responsible for Chaeyoung's death, not Jin. Being the unnie in the group, she didn't know much about the girls' lives as they rarely contact each other since high school. Their heartbreaks, their sadness, everything they went through, which led to their ultimate tragedies.

Day by day, she became 'lovesick', not to some boy, but to her best friends, and her dear 'sisters' who had accompanied her for a long, long time. She knew that she had to keep on going save the rest of them to prevent any more tragedies.