Chapter 9

Jimin

When Jimin woke up by the sound of his phone, he checked it and found out that he was almost late, not for a lesson, but for a test! He bolted all the way to school and fortunately arrived just in time.

He panted and muttered 'Thank God!'

However, he realized that he didn't study as he was a deadline fighter, still working on the clock on an assignment last night (which he still hadn't finished yet) and forgot about the quiz!

'What the...!' He shouted while panicking, to be exact, bouncing on the spot.

Everyone, the students, teachers and even janitors in the hallway turned to look at him and he was so embarrassed that he wanted to disappear.

Jimin was extremely nervous during the test. Even though he tried to hypnotize himself to chill down, it still didn't work. Luckily, the questions are not that freaking hard, otherwise he might have a heart-attack. When it ended, he sighed in great relief and went for the next lesson.

When he was in the middle of a lecture, his phone suddenly started ringing and the loud sound was 'broadcasted' all around the lecture hall, like those in 4D cinemas. Then, more than 50 pairs of eyes were instantly on him. The professor, hearing such a racket, stopped talking and said 'That student over there, please switch off your phone'. Everyone in the room snickered, which made him so disconcerted that he took his phone and dashed out of the hall.

Once he was out, he picked up the phone and said angrily 'Who the heck are you, trying to interrupt my lesson!'

But after a while, he shouted 'WHAT!!!!!!!!'

Guess what he heard?

.

.

.

.

.

He heard that Chaeyoung is dead.

Jimin felt like he had been hit by a bus.

He ran back into the lecture hall, quickly grabbed his bag and 'flew' out, ignoring all the bewildered looks behind him.

Jimin was shocked that his cheerful, bubbly best buddy had passed away and wondered why the hell did that happen. He instantly had a weird feeling that something was wrong but just didn't know why.

(7 days later~)

Jimin finally figured it out. It was the death of Chaeyoung that was irritating his heart. He soon went to check his phone, and saw that the last time he called Chaeyoung was more than three months, and the last time he texted her exceeded almost two and a half months. He forgot that Chaeyoung is a relatively emotional girl and she must have felt ignored by his great lack of contact.

Jimin knew that he was too busy recently, with many assignments and essays on the line, he didn't have time to call or even text her. He felt guilty though, as he was a procrastinator so he had to chase many homework at the same time. It wouldn't have been like that if he did his work on time.

He had paid no heed to their promise and often tried to cover it up with academic stuff. No wonder Chaeyoung would feel betrayed by him for 'dumping' her after so many good times, and......

Just thinking about it made Jimin feel more and more stressed that he was the culprit of her death. He should've kept in touch more frequently and cared for her more as him moving to another neighborhood was very sudden and it must have hurt Chaeyoung deeply.

His grief for her passing filled him up, day by day. Everyone around him, his classmates, his professors and many more, asked him whether he is OK, but he remained silent, as if he is on mute. The loss of his music-loving, humorous and inimitable friend made him so depressed that he had to take pills to relieve it. Finally, it couldn't withstand the pouring no more and overflowed. Jimin, who was completely struck over by his sorrow, saw the bottle on the shelf, took the pills, gulped them all up, and then......

It's a total blackout