Chapter 15

Jisoo

It was a tumultuous midnight, Jisoo jolted up awake from a nightmare. In her dream, she stood at a precarious height and saw someone falling helplessly. As the hourglass buzzed and illuminated once more, she rushed to check it, only to find Jin trapped within its confines, making his way towards a bridge.

Recognizing the bridge from her dream, the same bridge where all eleven friends once had a thrilling footrace, Jisoo felt a mix of joy and excitement. However she found herself in a desperate situation without a car. All hope was lost until.....

She spotted headlights approaching in the distance.

To her suprise, it was a cab!

Bewildered by such a coincidence, Jisoo wasted no time and hopped into the cab, urging the driver to go faster. As they sped towards the bridge, fear and desperation filled Jisoo. She couldn't bear the thought of losing her 'final' friend.

When she arrived, Jisoo's heart pounded with anxiety as she saw Jin was just standing there, expressionless, yet not taking any drastic actions. Though relieved momentarily, Jisoo understood that Jin's fear of heights could push him to the edge.

In a moment of desperation, Jisoo ran over and shouted 'Jin, don't do it!!! I can help you! You are not the only one who couldn't save the others, you're not alone! Please don't do it, Jin!!!!'

Jin let out a sardonic chuckle, his gaze fixed on the roaring water below. Jisoo strained to hear his words over the howling wind and rain.

She caught only fragments of his somber reflection, which is  'I, as the eldest hyung, have failed my friends, my 'brothers',  everything. I don't need your pity.'

Jisoo's heart sank, desperately wanted to reach Jin and offer her support, but unsure of how to bridge the emotional barrier between them.

'I'm the eldest unnie too! We can get through this together!!! Dying will never be the way!!!' Jisoo called out, her voice carrying through the storm.

'I'm sorry. It's too late.' Jin replied, his voice barely audible amidst the tempest.

'NOOOO!!! It isn't!!! DON'T DO THIS!!!' Jisoo pleaded, racing towards him.

Jin turned, a warning in his eyes, 'If you ever come closer, I'll jump. Right now.', he threatened, fear flashing in his gaze.

Despite her panic, Jisoo halted immediately, unwilling to be the reason for Jin's leap. She couldn't bear the thought of losing him but didn't want to exacerbate the situation.

Bitter tears streaming down her face, Jisoo called to Jin, her voice cracking with desperation. 'IT'S NEVER TOO LATE! WE COULD ALWAYS FIND A WAY THROUGH THIS!'

'IT IS TOO LATE!!!!' Jin shouted, his face drenched in rain, tears mixing with the storm. 'BANGTAN IS DEAD ALREADY!!!

'SO WHAT!!! MY SISTERS ARE GONE TOO!!! PLEASE DON'T DO THIS!!' Jisoo pleaded, her voice filled with anguish

Jin's face contorted with grief, rain pouring relentlessly on him. 'I'm so sorry.' he whispered, his voice faltering.

'Then please, come down from there!' Jisoo begged as she trembled with desperation.

Seeing Jin shaking on the edge, she prayed that he would change his mind. But instead......

'Goodbye, Jisoo.' Jin uttered, locking eyes with her one last time before plunging into the unforgiven sea.

'JIN!!!!!' Jisoo screamed, witnessing her friend taking his life before her eyes. Her feet felt glued to the ground, unable to comprehend the devastating reality unfolding behind her. Crying uncontrollably, she howled into the night sky, consumed by a sense of profound lost and helplessness.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A few days after, she happened to learn of the passing of Namjoon and Taehyung. Along with remembering that she managed to reach Jin but ultimately failed to stop him from ending his life, her depression intensified, more depressed than not saving him in time.

Finally, one stormy night, thinking about the great loss of all 10 of her friends, she couldn't take it any, yes, definitely anymore. She went to a cliff in a nearby country park where they once went hiking together happily. Standing on the cliff, lightning flashed and thunder rumbled. The rain relentlessly pelted her, drenching her clothes and hair in seconds. Jisoo, being numb from all her misery, didn't feel anything at all.

Tears streamed down her face as she thought of all the happy times they had shared. But the remorse and grief of losing them, combined with the weight of her guilt, overwhelmed her. As she looked out at the darkness, she noticed a billboard with the word "nothing" written on it. Jisoo completely focused on the word and it consumed her. She felt worthless, like she had let her friends down when they needed her the most.

In that moment of despair, Jisoo lost all hope. She went insane with guilt and nosedived into the sea without looking back. Her swimming skills kept her afloat for a moment, but the crushing force of her hopelessness pulled her under. She sank deeper and deeper into the dark abyss, until finally, there was nothing but blackness.